The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, MD, Chair
- Michelle Del Pizzo, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Mark Spangler, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Shanni Petrino
- Tarah Sorber
- Erin Harding, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Medical Center reaccredited as Level I pediatric trauma center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has been reaccredited as a Level I pediatric trauma center – the highest level of certification.More...
- Hennrikus honored with Distinguished Service Award Dr. William Hennrikus has received the Distinguished Service Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics’ section on orthopaedics.More...
- Program to educate parents about dangers of heroin Penn State Children’s Hospital and the Byrnes Health Education Center are teaming up for a program to educate parents about the dangers of heroin.More...
- The Medical Minute: Back pain often treatable without surgery During their lifetime, as many as eight out of ten people experience back pain that lasts more than three days. However, for a vast majority of these people, the pain goes away with simple treatment.More...