The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, MD, Chair
- Michelle Del Pizzo, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Mark Spangler, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Shanni Petrino
- Tarah Sorber
- Erin Harding, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- PRO Wellness hits the street with new mobile unit Penn State Children’s Hospital and Penn State PRO Wellness are now taking healthy family lifestyle education on the road to various community events each month.More...
- The Medical Minute: Music can be good medicine Music may not seem as potent as a pill, but in many cases, it’s just what the doctor ordered -- from music therapy to a program that places arts throughout Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Mid Penn donates $11,000 to prostate cancer collaborative A donation from Mid Penn Bank will benefit an effort to improve prostate cancer care throughout central Pennsylvania.More...
- Medical Center unit earns second Gold Beacon Award for Excellence The Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has received a gold level Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).More...