The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Researchers make a key discovery in how malaria evades the immune system The malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum hijacks an immune system process to invade red blood cells, according to a study led by researchers at Penn State College of Medicine. Understanding how malaria invades the cells could lead to a more effective vaccine.More...
- Court grants stay and expedited appeal in proposed hospital merger case A federal court has delayed plans to integrate PinnacleHealth and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center into Penn State Health pending appeal.More...
- Medical Center demonstrates new psychiatric telemedicine program Through the use of new, secure technology, patients being treated in the emergency department at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center can now be seen more quickly by the hospital’s psychiatric specialists located at Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute in Harrisburg.More...
- Visiting faculty from Ghana learn best practices at College of Medicine Four Mountcrest University College faculty from Ghana are visiting Penn State College of Medicine for professional development.More...