Welcome to the Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Valentine’s Day concert set for Feb. 14 at Pasquerilla Spiritual Center The Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra will present a special Valentine’s Day concert titled “Music for the Heart” at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14, at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center on Penn State’s University Park campus. Dr. Paul Haidet, director of medical education research at the Penn State College of Medicine will present a free pre-concert lecture — “The Health Benefits of Music” — one hour before the show.More...
- National Wear Red Day observed at Penn State Hershey On Friday, Feb. 5, Penn State Hershey faculty and staff donned red in recognition of National Wear Red Day.More...
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...
- The Medical Minute: Understanding who’s at risk for Zika virus If you hadn’t heard of the Zika virus, chances are that has changed with recent reports of outbreaks of the mosquito-borne illness in Latin America, and possible cases in the United States — maybe even Pennsylvania.More...