The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, MD, Chair
- Michelle Del Pizzo, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Mark Spangler, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Shanni Petrino
- Tarah Sorber
- Erin Harding, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Espenshade wins volunteer services award Sue Espenshade, manager of volunteer services at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the 2016 Evelyn Burston Award.More...
- Milewicz to deliver 2016 Fall Dean's Lecture The 2016 Fall Dean’s Lecture will be held from 4 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 5 in the Junker Auditorium on the campus of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: Stepping up efforts to hone in on teen depression New guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics are designed to help pediatricians identify more serious depression and suicidal tendencies so teens get the help they need to climb out of any dark holes before they get stuck.More...
- Writing a novel the focus of next Humanities First Friday Dr. John Benedict will present “Pursue your Passion and Write a Successful Novel” at the next Humanities First Friday on Oct. 7 on the campus of the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.More...