The Chocolate Tour
Come join us!
The annual Chocolate Tour to support cancer research at Penn State Hershey held in August at the Milton Hershey School Athletic Complex. Exciting events like the Mike Geltrude Foundation 5K or 10K walk, the Foreman Foundation 10K run/race, and Cycling (10, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100 miles) events. There is something for everyone! Rest stops are available at every mile for walkers and runners to enjoy local chocolate. Cyclists will enjoy riding through the beautiful countryside of central Pennsylvania with its Amish farms, wooded areas, and historic chocolate towns of Hershey (home of Hershey's chocolate), Elizabethtown (home of M&M/Mars), and Lititz (home of Wilbur chocolate). Aside from other cycling friendly food, rest stops have samplings of chocolate from the nearby chocolate factory. Cyclists will also be provided with a meal upon return.
Funds raised by the Chocolate Tour will support cancer research to find the cure at Penn State Hershey.
- Please contact Teah Batdorf at email@example.com
- To view pictures and updates for the 2015 Chocolate Tour click here
- Click here to visit our official website for the Chocolate Tour
Bring the whole family! The Chocolate Tour is a family friendly event! Strollers are allowed as well as bike trailers.
Other events supporting Melanoma Research
- Registration is easy: visit the thechocolatetour.com for more details. 2016 Registration will open at the beginning of the year.
- Early registration will closes several weeks before event
- All mail in and online registrations will close one week prior to event
- On the day registrations will be available
- Registrations are non-refundable
T-shirts are guaranteed for all early registrants
An additional $10 will be charged for late registrations and for registrations on the day of the event
Registration fees for this event are not considered charitable and therefore are not tax deductible
Registration/Packet Pick-up time
6:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. for all events. Be sure to register at least one hour before your event starts
Event Start times: (RAIN OR SHINE- NO REFUNDS)
- Cycling events: 8:00 a.m.
- 10K run/race event: 8:30 a.m.
- 5K or 10K walk event: 8:45 a.m.
If you are traveling from near or far and are looking for hotel accommodations, discounted rates are available at local hotels. Please contact Teah at 531-1541 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an updated listing.
Dear Friends of the Chocolate Tour,
Sponsorship opportunities are available year round. The planning for this event is continuous, so we always welcome sponsorships.
- Thank you to our 2015 Sponsors-For a full list of sponsors please visit thechocolatetour.com– We want to sincerely thank each and everyone of our sponsors! The support we receive is crucial to making each year a success. This year, with the help of our sponsors, the 2015 Chocolate Tour raised just over $70,000 to support cancer research to find the cure with over 1000 people participating. A special thank you to the continued support of our returning sponsors. Your generosity is appreciated!
- Thank you 2014 Sponsors with your help, the 2014 Chocolate Tour raised around $58, 000 with almost 800 people participating!
- Thank you 2013 Sponsors! the 2013 Chocolate Tour raised just under $48,000 to support cancer research to find the cure.
- If you or someone you know may be interested in sponsoring the Chocolate Tour, please feel free to view our sponsorship form. We accept completed forms by mail, fax, or email. Contact Teah Batdorf for more information.
2015 Chocolate Tour Cycling Routes
Information and Maps
This year we have a variety of cycling events for you to enjoy. Anyone can participate. The 2014 Chocolate Tour features six different routes to choose from for every level of cyclist, from beginner to expert, is sure to find a route they will enjoy.
Cyclists prepare to ride through beautiful countryside of central Pennsylvania traveling through Dauphin, Lancaster, and Lebanon counties. You will get a taste of the Pennsylvania Amish farms, wooded areas, and covered bridges. You will also experience not only tasting chocolate but visiting historic chocolate towns of Hershey, Elizabethtown, and Lititz.
All cyclists are offered a meal upon their return. Cyclist may choose to stop at convenience stores, eateries, and/or fast food restaurants that are located along the routes.
Rest stops are located approximately every 20 miles along the routes. The rest stops will have drinks and snacks available. Our rest stops this year are located in Mt. Gretna, Lititz, Milbach, and Lebanon. We are truly grateful for their support.
Cycling Event Details
Cue sheets for cycling events will be given at registration. Ride with GPS cue sheets are not accurate cue sheets. Links to Ride with GPS will be available until 1 week after the event. if you would like more information or the link contact us.
- 10 mile (details/map) - local ride flat and easy.
- 25 mile (details/map)- a few rolling hills from Hershey to Mt. Gretna and back to Hershey.
- 35 mile (details/map)- "Feel Good Ride" This ride is perfect for those who do not ride often but would like to cycle a distance. This one has all the chocolate available.
- 50 mile (details/map)- a few rolling hills, one moderate climb, with two rest stops, travels from Hershey to Mt. Gretna to Lebanon and back to Hershey.
- 75 mile (details/map) - rolling hills, two moderate climbs, four rest stops, starts in Hershey to Mt. Gretna to Lititz to Milbach then Lebanon and back to Hershey. The last 35 miles is flat and fast.
- 100 mile (Century) (details/map) - rolling hills, three moderate climbs, four rest stops, travels from Hershey to Elizabethtown to Mt. Gretna to Lititz to Milbach then Lebanon and back to Hershey. The last 35 miles is flat and fast.
Please contact Teah Batdorf at email@example.com or call 717-531-1541 with questions or for more information
Foreman Foundation Run/Race
Thank you to everyone who showed their support and participated in the annual Chocolate Tour Foreman Foundation 10K Run/Race
We hope you enjoyed the beautiful Milton Hershey Campus and running route. The 2015 10K course was an officially certified course recognized by Road Running Technical Council, USA Track & Field Certified, and the RRCA
2015 race results:
2014 race results:
if you have any questions regarding race times or event, please contact Teah Batdorf at 717-531-1541 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org