Penn State Hershey Neurology
Welcome to the web site of the Department of Neurology at the Penn State College of Medicine Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are a strong, growing department that is part of the Penn State Neuroscience Institute. Our goal is to be the premier academic neurological center in Central Pennsylvania by providing the highest quality patient care, research, and training.
We are committed to excellence in the delivery of neurological care, and we place the needs, well-being, and comfort of our patients above and beyond all other considerations. We strive to provide care that is accessible, evidence based, effective, efficient, compassionate, economically competitive and patient centered. More...
Sankar Bandyopadhyay, M.D., "Bandy," completed his medical school training and graduate medical education from Calcutta University in India. He then completed his neurology residency training at University of Wisconsin Health at Madison, and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology in Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Bandy is presently Assistant Professor of Neurology and cares for patients with neuromuscular disorders.
Date: Jan. 8, 2016 Speaker: J. Craig Jurgensen, MD, Neurologist (Ret.), Central PA Clean Air Board, Carlisle, PA. Topic: Neurotoxicity of Air Pollution (PM2.5)
Date: Jan. 15, 2016 Speaker: Wenzhuan He, MD, Neurophysiology Fellow, PSU. Topic: Mitochondrial Diseases
Date: Jan. 22, 2016 Speaker: TBD Topic: M&M Conference
Date: Jan. 29, 2016 Speaker: Sara Strauss, DO, Neurology Resident, PSU. Topic: Migraine Associated Stroke
The following Physicians have been named to the Best Doctors® in America, 2014-2015
- Kevin M. Cockroft, M.D.
- Kimberly S. Harbaugh, M.D.
- Robert E. Harbaugh, M.D.
- James McInerney, M.D.
- G. Timothy Reiter, M.D.
- Michael D. Sather, M.D.
- Scott D. Simon, M.D.
- Joseph Christopher Zacko, M.D.
- Frank G. Gilliam, M.D., M.P.H.
- Michael J. Glantz, M.D.
- David C. Good, M.D.
- Xuemei Huang, M.D.
- Milind J. Kothari, M.D.
- Raymond K. Reichwein, M.D.
- Zachary Simmons, M.D.
- Richard B. Tenser, M.D.
- Matthew P. Wicklund, M.D.
- Medical Center reaccredited as Level I pediatric trauma center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has been reaccredited as a Level I pediatric trauma center – the highest level of certification.More...
- Hennrikus honored with Distinguished Service Award Dr. William Hennrikus has received the Distinguished Service Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics’ section on orthopaedics.More...
- Program to educate parents about dangers of heroin Penn State Children’s Hospital and the Byrnes Health Education Center are teaming up for a program to educate parents about the dangers of heroin.More...
- The Medical Minute: Back pain often treatable without surgery During their lifetime, as many as eight out of ten people experience back pain that lasts more than three days. However, for a vast majority of these people, the pain goes away with simple treatment.More...