Penn State Hershey Neurology
Welcome to the web site of the Department of Neurology at the Penn State College of Medicine Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are a strong, growing department that is part of the Penn State Neuroscience Institute. Our goal is to be the premier academic neurological center in Central Pennsylvania by providing the highest quality patient care, research, and training.
We are committed to excellence in the delivery of neurological care, and we place the needs, well-being, and comfort of our patients above and beyond all other considerations. We strive to provide care that is accessible, evidence based, effective, efficient, compassionate, economically competitive and patient centered. More...
Sankar Bandyopadhyay, M.D., "Bandy," completed his medical school training and graduate medical education from Calcutta University in India. He then completed his neurology residency training at University of Wisconsin Health at Madison, and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology in Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Bandy is presently Assistant Professor of Neurology and cares for patients with neuromuscular disorders.
Date: Jan. 8, 2016 Speaker: J. Craig Jurgensen, MD, Neurologist (Ret.), Central PA Clean Air Board, Carlisle, PA. Topic: Neurotoxicity of Air Pollution (PM2.5)
Date: Jan. 15, 2016 Speaker: Wenzhuan He, MD, Neurophysiology Fellow, PSU. Topic: Mitochondrial Diseases
Date: Jan. 22, 2016 Speaker: TBD Topic: M&M Conference
Date: Jan. 29, 2016 Speaker: Sara Strauss, DO, Neurology Resident, PSU. Topic: Migraine Associated Stroke
The following Physicians have been named to the Best Doctors® in America, 2014-2015
- Kevin M. Cockroft, M.D.
- Kimberly S. Harbaugh, M.D.
- Robert E. Harbaugh, M.D.
- James McInerney, M.D.
- G. Timothy Reiter, M.D.
- Michael D. Sather, M.D.
- Scott D. Simon, M.D.
- Joseph Christopher Zacko, M.D.
- Frank G. Gilliam, M.D., M.P.H.
- Michael J. Glantz, M.D.
- David C. Good, M.D.
- Xuemei Huang, M.D.
- Milind J. Kothari, M.D.
- Raymond K. Reichwein, M.D.
- Zachary Simmons, M.D.
- Richard B. Tenser, M.D.
- Matthew P. Wicklund, M.D.
- Medical Center and Teamsters reach new three-year agreement Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Teamsters Local 776 have reached a new three-year collective bargaining agreement, effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2019. The Medical Center’s Teamster-represented employees ratified the tentative agreement late yesterday.More...
- How to do medical school in three years While most of his peers will spend their last year of medical school applying and auditioning for residency programs, James Kent gets to skip what can be a stressful process. He’ll finish medical school in three years instead of four, not only saving a year of tuition, but also locking in his residency when he was accepted into the Family Medicine Accelerated Program at Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: New therapy often successful at controlling tics Not all children who develop tics receive an official diagnosis, and many outgrow it. When one demonstrates both motor and vocal tics for more than a year, they are diagnosed with Tourette syndrome. A new intervention is finding success in helping them control their condition.More...
- Registration open for Conquer Run 5K to benefit Four Diamonds The Conquer Run 5K, a competitive run and fun walk benefitting Four Diamonds at Penn State Children’s Hospital, will take place the morning of Saturday, Sept. 24 at Hersheypark. Runners and walkers of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to register online at www.ConquerRun.org.More...