Thank you for showing interest in our Neurology Residency Program here at Penn State! Choosing a suitable residency program can often be a cumbersome process that requires a significant amount of your resources.
Many candidates invest a substantial amount of effort (as well as their time and money) during the interview season in hopes of ultimately experiencing a successful "match".
Candidates are often faced with a myriad of variables that need to be incorporated when reviewing a program. The most common criteria tend to include location, eagerness of the faculty to teach, satisfaction of current residents undergoing training and fellowships/positions obtained by prior graduates.
All of us have the same process while interviewing for Neurology Residency positions. While all of the above is crucial, our advice to you would be to include a "sense of belonging" as primary, for selecting your residency. All of the current residents felt an incredible sense of belonging here at our institution during their visit. We are pleased to say that for most of us in the program, Penn State was the top choice during the Match. We saw ourselves inside the walls of this institution and envisioned how happy we would be to become contributing members of this Neurology department. We were all fortunate to experience this enormous sense of belonging! We hope that you will experience the same emotion during your interview season and hope to meet you during this important phase of your career.
Sol De Jesus, M.D.
Ilya Levin, D.O.
Maya Lichtenstein, M.D.
Derrece Reid, M.D.
• Stacey Clardy, M.D., Ph.D. selected for the Editorial Board of the Resident and Fellow Section of Neurology
• Prabhu Emmady, M.D. received the 2010 American Epilepsy Society Young Investigator Travel Award
• Stacey Clardy, M.D., Ph.D. selected to chair the Resident and Fellow Section of the Pennsylvania Neurological
• Divpreet Kaur, M.D. was a Resident Poster Competition Winner at this year's Pennsylvania Neurological Society Meeting
• Stacey Clardy, M.D., Ph.D. selected for the Penn State Hershey Medical Center Ethics Committee
• Prabhu Emmady, M.D. received the 2011 American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
President's Research Initiative Award and Junior Member Recognition Award
• Sol De Jesus, M.D. was Recipient of Focus on Common Movement Disorders Visiting Scholar Award, 2013
• Sol De Jesus, M.D. received the 2012 Resident Role Model Award presented by PSU Medical School, Class of 2014 at the Student Clinician Ceremony