Penn State Hershey Neurology
Welcome to the web site of the Department of Neurology at the Penn State College of Medicine Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are a strong, growing department that is part of the Penn State Neuroscience Institute. Our goal is to be the premier academic neurological center in Central Pennsylvania by providing the highest quality patient care, research, and training.
We are committed to excellence in the delivery of neurological care, and we place the needs, well-being, and comfort of our patients above and beyond all other considerations. We strive to provide care that is accessible, evidence based, effective, efficient, compassionate, economically competitive and patient centered. More...
Sankar Bandyopadhyay, M.D., "Bandy," completed his medical school training and graduate medical education from Calcutta University in India. He then completed his neurology residency training at University of Wisconsin Health at Madison, and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology in Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Bandy is presently Assistant Professor of Neurology and cares for patients with neuromuscular disorders.
Date: Jan. 8, 2016 Speaker: J. Craig Jurgensen, MD, Neurologist (Ret.), Central PA Clean Air Board, Carlisle, PA. Topic: Neurotoxicity of Air Pollution (PM2.5)
Date: Jan. 15, 2016 Speaker: Wenzhuan He, MD, Neurophysiology Fellow, PSU. Topic: Mitochondrial Diseases
Date: Jan. 22, 2016 Speaker: TBD Topic: M&M Conference
Date: Jan. 29, 2016 Speaker: Sara Strauss, DO, Neurology Resident, PSU. Topic: Migraine Associated Stroke
The following Physicians have been named to the Best Doctors® in America, 2014-2015
- Kevin M. Cockroft, M.D.
- Kimberly S. Harbaugh, M.D.
- Robert E. Harbaugh, M.D.
- James McInerney, M.D.
- G. Timothy Reiter, M.D.
- Michael D. Sather, M.D.
- Scott D. Simon, M.D.
- Joseph Christopher Zacko, M.D.
- Frank G. Gilliam, M.D., M.P.H.
- Michael J. Glantz, M.D.
- David C. Good, M.D.
- Xuemei Huang, M.D.
- Milind J. Kothari, M.D.
- Raymond K. Reichwein, M.D.
- Zachary Simmons, M.D.
- Richard B. Tenser, M.D.
- Matthew P. Wicklund, M.D.
- Physician Assistant Program at College of Medicine welcomes new class The Physician Assistant (PA) Program at Penn State College of Medicine welcomed its entering class of 2016 during its annual White Coat Ceremony on May 24. The 30 students were presented with their white coats, symbolizing their entrance into the medical profession.More...
- The Medical Minute: Keys to building and maintaining bone strength Osteoporosis is on the rise as 75 million baby boomers approach their golden years. Yet many patients and physicians are not aware of what they can do to prevent, slow down and treat the condition, which happens when holes develop in bone, creating a risk of fractures from falls.More...
- Nursing professional uses homeland security degree to help her community A Penn State nursing professional studying homeland security online developed an action plan for her community to respond to infectious disease outbreaks.More...
- Bringing diversity into focus on the Hershey campus Tucked away in the Biomedical Research Building of the college, Lynette Chappell-Williams isn’t even sure people know her office exists, let alone what it does. That helps her cause in a way — because she doesn’t want people to think advancing diversity and inclusion is the business of her office alone. Everyone plays a role.More...