Penn State Hershey Neurology
Welcome to the web site of the Department of Neurology at the Penn State College of Medicine Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are a strong, growing department that is part of the Penn State Neuroscience Institute. Our goal is to be the premier academic neurological center in Central Pennsylvania by providing the highest quality patient care, research, and training.
We are committed to excellence in the delivery of neurological care, and we place the needs, well-being, and comfort of our patients above and beyond all other considerations. We strive to provide care that is accessible, evidence based, effective, efficient, compassionate, economically competitive and patient centered. More...
Sankar Bandyopadhyay, M.D., "Bandy," completed his medical school training and graduate medical education from Calcutta University in India. He then completed his neurology residency training at University of Wisconsin Health at Madison, and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology in Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Bandy is presently Assistant Professor of Neurology and cares for patients with neuromuscular disorders.
Date: Jan. 8, 2016 Speaker: J. Craig Jurgensen, MD, Neurologist (Ret.), Central PA Clean Air Board, Carlisle, PA. Topic: Neurotoxicity of Air Pollution (PM2.5)
Date: Jan. 15, 2016 Speaker: Wenzhuan He, MD, Neurophysiology Fellow, PSU. Topic: Mitochondrial Diseases
Date: Jan. 22, 2016 Speaker: TBD Topic: M&M Conference
Date: Jan. 29, 2016 Speaker: Sara Strauss, DO, Neurology Resident, PSU. Topic: Migraine Associated Stroke
The following Physicians have been named to the Best Doctors® in America, 2014-2015
- Kevin M. Cockroft, M.D.
- Kimberly S. Harbaugh, M.D.
- Robert E. Harbaugh, M.D.
- James McInerney, M.D.
- G. Timothy Reiter, M.D.
- Michael D. Sather, M.D.
- Scott D. Simon, M.D.
- Joseph Christopher Zacko, M.D.
- Frank G. Gilliam, M.D., M.P.H.
- Michael J. Glantz, M.D.
- David C. Good, M.D.
- Xuemei Huang, M.D.
- Milind J. Kothari, M.D.
- Raymond K. Reichwein, M.D.
- Zachary Simmons, M.D.
- Richard B. Tenser, M.D.
- Matthew P. Wicklund, M.D.
Learn more about stroke on our live webchat
Thursday, May 5 from 1 to 2 p.m.
Go to PennStateHershey.org/webchat to sign up for an email reminder.
- Type 2 diabetes drug trials unnecessarily exclude women While women who are pregnant, or breastfeeding or who may become pregnant are often excluded from clinical trials for type 2 diabetes drugs, the exclusion is frequently not based on the risk of fetal harm, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers and may be contributing to the underrepresentation of women in clinical trials and an incomplete understanding of the effects of drugs on women who become pregnant unexpectedly.More...
- Transition underway to new University Technology Center A new data center providing centralized, secure space for patient, research and educational data from Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine is now online. Officials gathered May 4 to dedicate the 46,000-square-foot University Technology Center.More...
- Eta Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha inducts 30 new members The Penn State Eta Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha recently inducted 30 new members.More...
- Dean’s Lecture and Research Recognition Awards set for May 10 Nina G. Jablonski, professor of anthropology and director of the Center for Human Evolution and Diversity, will present “Skin Pigmentation and Modern Human Life: How the Evolution of a Phenotypic Trait illustrates the Ill Consequences of Modernity” at the Dean’s Lecture on the Penn State College of Medicine campus.More...