Penn State Hershey Neurology
Welcome to the web site of the Department of Neurology at the Penn State College of Medicine Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are a strong, growing department that is part of the Penn State Neuroscience Institute. Our goal is to be the premier academic neurological center in Central Pennsylvania by providing the highest quality patient care, research, and training.
We are committed to excellence in the delivery of neurological care, and we place the needs, well-being, and comfort of our patients above and beyond all other considerations. We strive to provide care that is accessible, evidence based, effective, efficient, compassionate, economically competitive and patient centered. More...
Sankar Bandyopadhyay, M.D., "Bandy," completed his medical school training and graduate medical education from Calcutta University in India. He then completed his neurology residency training at University of Wisconsin Health at Madison, and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology in Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Bandy is presently Assistant Professor of Neurology and cares for patients with neuromuscular disorders.
Date: Jan. 8, 2016 Speaker: J. Craig Jurgensen, MD, Neurologist (Ret.), Central PA Clean Air Board, Carlisle, PA. Topic: Neurotoxicity of Air Pollution (PM2.5)
Date: Jan. 15, 2016 Speaker: Wenzhuan He, MD, Neurophysiology Fellow, PSU. Topic: Mitochondrial Diseases
Date: Jan. 22, 2016 Speaker: TBD Topic: M&M Conference
Date: Jan. 29, 2016 Speaker: Sara Strauss, DO, Neurology Resident, PSU. Topic: Migraine Associated Stroke
The following Physicians have been named to the Best Doctors® in America, 2014-2015
- Kevin M. Cockroft, M.D.
- Kimberly S. Harbaugh, M.D.
- Robert E. Harbaugh, M.D.
- James McInerney, M.D.
- G. Timothy Reiter, M.D.
- Michael D. Sather, M.D.
- Scott D. Simon, M.D.
- Joseph Christopher Zacko, M.D.
- Frank G. Gilliam, M.D., M.P.H.
- Michael J. Glantz, M.D.
- David C. Good, M.D.
- Xuemei Huang, M.D.
- Milind J. Kothari, M.D.
- Raymond K. Reichwein, M.D.
- Zachary Simmons, M.D.
- Richard B. Tenser, M.D.
- Matthew P. Wicklund, M.D.
- Sending a 'We Are!' to this Penn Stater This week, we recognize two people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with Penn State Hershey and Penn State New Kensington.More...
- The Medical Minute: Clearing up common myths about psoriasis Psoriasis is a misunderstood disease, often kept under wraps by sufferers who want to hide their skin lesions. This week, Dr. Sara Ferguson, a dermatologist at Penn State Medical Group in State College, separates fact from myth about psoriasis and the various treatment options.More...
- How parents cope with stress of the NICU affects family dynamics Understanding how parents cope while their child is in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) could lead to better support for the family and a more successful transition to home when the baby is healthy, according to Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Harrisburg researchers. Parental use of religious and secular coping strategies while their prematurely born baby receives intensive medical care may affect the family's interactions.More...
- Penn State Cancer Institute recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review Penn State Cancer Institute has been named among the “100 Hospitals and Health Systems With Great Oncology Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review, a leading source of business and legal information for healthcare industry leaders.More...