Welcome to Penn State Hershey Stroke Center
Stroke is a medical emergency. New treatments and interventions are now available that may reverse or reduce the effects of a stroke if administered early enough. The Penn State Hershey Stroke Center team is readily available to evaluate and treat patients during a stroke emergency. The latest catheter-delivered, clot-busting treatments – including the Solitaire FR Device – are also available around-the-clock.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911.
Caring for A Stroke Patient
Penn State Hershey's TeleStroke Program - LionNet
Having some of the leading stroke specialists in the country, PSHMC saw the opportunity to create a comprehensive telemedicine program that could reduce transfer rates from rural hospitals and help get time-critical treatments to stroke patients faster. Learn more >>
Penumbra Quarterly – Stroke Provider Newsletter
- Hole in heart wall likely stroke factor for Penguins' Kris Letang
- Penn State Hershey recognized for quality care for heart failure and stroke patients
- Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
- Stroke survivor Nicki Overholt fights back
- A variety of therapies are used to help stroke victims recover
- A good recovery is possible after a heart attack or stroke, but much depends on quick treatment
Morrison receives Distinguished Achievement Award from AHA
Kathy Morrison, stroke program manager at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award. More >>
Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
Penn State Hershey Stroke Center has earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it offers for patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. More >>
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships, and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patient safety, and physician and nursing excellence.
- The Medical Minute: Blood in the urine often an important warning sign Blood in the urine can be a scary sight, yet it’s a symptom many people ignore until it is bad enough to land them in a hospital emergency department.More...
- Penn State Health St. Joseph, Exeter Healthways to relocate and expand services Penn State Health St. Joseph will relocate the outpatient services it currently offers in Shelbourne Square, Exeter Township, and the physician and outpatient services it offers on Prospect Street in St. Lawrence into the Exeter Ridge Corporate Center at Neversink Road and Perkiomen Avenue by early 2016.More...
- Penn State Hershey Maternal Fetal Medicine moves to 35 Hope Drive Penn State Hershey Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) has joined Penn State Hershey Obstetrics and Gynecology on the second floor of 35 Hope Drive in Hershey.More...
- Next attorney office hours at Penn State Hershey scheduled for Sept. 10 Researchers are invited to attend office hours at Penn State Hershey on Thursday, Sept. 10 with Penn State’s intellectual property attorney, Michael Brignati.More...