Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- The Medical Minute: Seniors often keep falls a secret Because maintaining an independent lifestyle is so important for some elderly individuals, they may keep it a secret when they fall.More...
- Applications being accepted for AFF funding at Penn State Hershey The Allocation Committee of the Association of Faculty and Friends (AFF) invites Penn State Hershey employees and students to apply for funding for programs that directly support the Medical Center and College of Medicine.More...
- Anatomy of an emergency: How Penn State Hershey prepares for issues like Ebola Ebola ranked dead last on most hospitals’ lists of “things to worry about” in early 2014. Now, Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been named one of 50 planned Ebola treatment centers in the nation. Learn how the designation has helped the hospital prepare for a range of public health emergencies.More...
- Class to focus on boosting metabolism, changing eating habits A new, free class for members of the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center is aimed at helping participants improve their eating habits and boost their exercise routines.More...