Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- Photography series highlights Penn State Hershey support personnel While portraits of deans, department chairs and board members are often hung around campus, a series of photographs by Dr. Joseph Gascho highlights the importance of those not in the spotlight at Penn State Hershey.More...
- Motorcycle ride benefits Child Life Program at Hershey Organizers of the Helping Little Hands Motorcycle Ride recently presented Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital with $6,630, the proceeds of its second annual bike ride.More...
- Annual ‘Pay for Play’ event for Children’s Miracle Network begins Nov. 6 Nipsey, Earl David Reed and Jen Shade of WQXA-FM 105.7 the X’s "The People’s Morning Show" will host the 28-hour marathon “Pay for Play” broadcast from 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, through 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 7.More...
- Children’s Hospital receives contributions from motorcycle enthusiasts Motorcycle enthusiasts from the Lancaster area visited Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital recently to deliver toys and $50,000 in contributions from their Central Pennsylvania Confederation of Motorcycle Clubs Ride.More...