Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2015 articles
- Efficacy of Novel Compound in Temozolomide-Resistant Brain Tumor Cell Lines in Mice
- Office of Patient Oriented Research Advances Goals: One-of-a-Kind Funding Model Allows Focus on Translational Research
- Carotid Endarterectomy with Regional Anesthesia: Decreased Stroke Risk Cited as Primary Benefit of Regional Anesthesia, Especially in Older Patients
- Complex Spinal Deformity Surgery: Novel Program Offers Patients Less Invasive Treatment Option
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- Independence Day celebration set for July 4 on Penn State Hershey campus Again this year, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will present An American Salute, an Independence Day performance by the Hershey Symphony Orchestra on the front lawn of the main hospital complex. This event typically attracts thousands of people.More...
- The Medical Minute: Poison ivy affects some people more than others Three-quarters of the population will get an itchy red rash if exposed to the urushiol oil inside poison ivy’s leaves, stem and roots -- but one-quarter of people will not have any reaction to exposure.More...
- Next attorney office hours at Penn State Hershey set for July 9 Researchers are invited to attend office hours on Thursday, July 9 with Penn State’s intellectual property attorney, Michael Brignati. Brignati is on the Penn State Hershey campus the second Thursday of each monthMore...