Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- The Medical Minute: Many people with congenital heart disease living longer At one time, many children born with congenital heart disease (CHD) suffered from issues that carried fatal prognoses. That has changed, though, thanks to technological advancements.More...
- Penn State Hershey part of new report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital is part of a first-of-its-kind report released today on pediatric and congenital heart surgery. The report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes is a first of its kind in Pennsylvania, and is the only statewide reporting effort like it in the nation.More...
- New program to promote and fund collaborative research at College of Medicine A new program to promote research collaborations and fund team research projects at Penn State Hershey kicks off on Feb. 26.More...
- Radiothon raises money to support programs at Children’s Hospital The 2015 GIANT Foods Stores I Care for Kids Radiothon on WIOV 105.1 raised $123,380 for Children's Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...