- James R. Connor, Ph.D., Vice Chair for Research
- Sang Y. Lee, Ph.D.
- A.B. Madhankumar, Ph.D.
- Mark Meadowcroft, Ph.D.
- Stephanie M. Patton, Ph.D.
- Xiaoli Liu, Ph.D.
- Wint Nandar, Ph.D.
- Amanda M. Snyder, Ph.D.
Current Graduate Students:
- Daniel Cawley, Ph.D. candidate in Anatomy
- Kari Duck, Ph.D. candidate in Cell and Developmental Biology
- Dominique Leitner, Ph.D. candidate in Neuroscience
- Ann Nixon, Ph.D. candidate in Anatomy
- Min Pang, Ph.D. candidate in Chemical Biology
- Doug Peters, Ph.D. candidate in Neuroscience
Recent Graduate Students:
- Fatima Ali-Rhamani, Ph.D. Neuroscience
- Ahmed Alkateeb, Ph.D., Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Eric C. Hall II, Ph.D., Neuroscience
- Xiaoli Liu, Ph.D., Chemical Biology
- Ryan M. Mitchell, M.D. 2008, Ph.D., Molecular Medicine Program
- Wint Nandar, Ph.D., Neuroscience
- Amanda M. Snyder, Ph.D., Neuroscience
- Bill (Xiaowi) Su, M.D., Ph.D., Molecular Medicine
- Bozho Todoric, M.D., Ph.D., Molecular Medicine Program
- Cody Weston, M.D., Ph.D., Neuroscience
Research Support Staff:
- Beth Neely, Laboratory Manager
- Becky Webb, Technical Support
The Penn State Center for Neural Engineering is a university-wide center, bridging the campuses and Colleges of Engineering and Science at University Park, with Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey. It is housed within facilities of Penn State Hershey Neurosurgery and the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics.
The Center is positioned to facilitate and enable collaboration between faculty from the Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences, Materials Research, and Neuroscience Institutes at Penn State, and forms a physical conduit for faculty and students from across the Engineering Departments, the Integrative Biosciences Neuroscience Program, Physics, Mathematics, and Biology, as well as trainees and faculty from neurosurgery, neurology, and psychiatry. The Center has resident core faculty, with a considerable number of faculty affiliates drawn from University Park and Hershey.
The Center enables the successful conduct of interdisciplinary research and acquisition of funding for projects that individual Penn State scientists could not perform on their own.
- Steven J. Schiff, M.D., Ph.D., Director
- Corina Drapaca, Ph.D.
- Bruce J. Gluckman, Ph.D.
- Robert E. Harbaugh, M.D., F.A.A.N.S., F.A.C.S., F.A.H.A.
- Qing Yang, Ph.D.
Visit the website of the Center for Neural Engineering at www.esm.psu.edu/wiki/research:cne:start.