Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- Patient room doors decorated for the holidays Tweety Bird, Olaf, Popeye and The Grinch are keeping an eye on patients and staff in the critical and progressive care Heart and Vascular inpatient units at Penn State Hershey this month. Each character hangs out on its own sliding glass door, which -- at this time of year -- provides both privacy and a canvas for spreading holiday cheer.More...
- Hershey Bears make holiday visit to Children’s Hospital The Hershey Bears traded in their hockey sticks for markers, glue and other craft supplies in a visit to brighten the holidays for some of their youngest fans.More...
- Penn State Hershey, JPL capture top honors for patient education tool The International E-Learning Association has selected JPL and Penn State Hershey as the winner in the Blended Learning Category of the 2014 International E-Learning Awards–Academic Division for its breast cancer patient education tool.More...
- American Association for the Advancement of Science names Floros as fellow Joanna Floros, Evan Pugh Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology at Penn State College of Medicine and director of the Penn State CHILD Research in the Department of Pediatrics, has been elected as a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).More...