Privileges of Emeritus Rank
The following privileges are available to a recipient of Emeritus Rank in the College of Medicine of the Pennsylvania State Univeristy.
Penn State Emeritus ID Card
The ID Badge Office is located in the main building, room CG608. This office is shared with Parking Services. The phone number for the office is 531-3548. Mail code is HO-28.
Hours of operation:
Monday - 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuesday - 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - 7:00 am - Noon
Friday - 8:00 am - Noon
The ID badge office may also be contacted at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Penn State Emeritus ID Card will allow access to the following: (at Penn State Hershey Medical Center)
- Exterior doors to the hospital and college of medicine
- Travel corridors inside the building
- Room C2600 Faculty/Student/Emeritus Lounge (2nd floor of the library)
- All gated parking areas
- Listing in the Faculty/Staff Directory
- Hospital Directory
- College Directory
- Parking Office
Registration of a vehicle for parking on campus at the normal faculty/staff rates. The Traffic and Parking Office is located in the main building, room CG608. The phone number is 531-3548.
Hours of operation:
Monday - 8:00 am - Noon and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Tuesday - 8:00 am - Noon and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Wednesday - 8:00 am - Noon and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Thursday - 7:00 am - Noon and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - Noon and 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Penn State Access Account for Internet Services
It is the responsibility of the individual's department to request access account to keep a University email address (Epass, Exchange, and/or clinical access).
- Regular Faculty/Staff privileges at University Libraries
Retired Penn State Faculty and faculty emeritus may retain all faculty library privileges. Visit your library service desk for more information, or go to the home page of George T. Harrell Library.
- Receipt of Penn State Newswire Services
- Access to University Recreational Facilities
Employees are defined as:
- Full-time, part-time, emeritus faculty and other retired employees of Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State University
- Contract employees who work on the Penn State Hershey Medical Center Campus
- Employees of the Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Penn State Rehabilitation Hospital, and the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute
- Registered Penn State Hershey Medical Center volunteers
- Faculty/Staff discount at Penn State Bookstores
- Emeritus faculty are eligible for a discount at any Penn State Bookstores.
- In order to receive a discount you will need to show your ID badge
- Amount of discount 10%