Goals and Expectations
- Improve baseline orthopaedic physical exam by the end of the student rotation.
- Obtain and present a pertinent orthopaedic history.
- Become more familiar with reading diagnostic labs, tests, radiographic exams, perform procedures, etc.
- 80% of the students time will be spent in the clinic as assigned by the lead PA for the service. The remaining time will be spent in the operating room.
- Students will take call one night a week until 11 p.m. This can be any day of the week, but should be once a week. Students are expected to come to clinic or OR on time post call, which is why we do not require over night call.
- Students will attend daily fracture conference and educational lectures.
- Students will attend weekly educational conferences for the assigned service at the discretion of the service lead PA.
- Reading assignments will be provided prior to the start of the rotation. Anatomy should be reviewed prior to the start of each service.
- Student will be expected to know special tests/exams for each sub-specialty.