Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Fall 2015 articles
- Case Report: Osteochondral Glenoid Reconstruction for Recurrent Glenohumeral Instability
- Developing an Adult Stem Cell Treatment Option for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Medial Patella Femoral Ligament (MPFL) Reconstruction for Patellofemoral Instability
- Biomechanical Analysis to Guide Future Trends in Hip Replacement Surgery and Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Bringing diversity into focus on the Hershey campus Tucked away in the Biomedical Research Building of the college, Lynette Chappell-Williams isn’t even sure people know her office exists, let alone what it does. That helps her cause in a way — because she doesn’t want people to think advancing diversity and inclusion is the business of her office alone. Everyone plays a role.More...
- Annual symposium focuses on public health law and implications for practice The Department of Public Health Sciences at Penn State College of Medicine hosted its Third Annual Central Pennsylvania Public Health Day Symposium on May 9 at Central Penn College in Summerdale.More...
- Researchers make a key discovery in how malaria evades the immune system The malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum hijacks an immune system process to invade red blood cells, according to a study led by researchers at Penn State College of Medicine. Understanding how malaria invades the cells could lead to a more effective vaccine.More...
- Court grants stay and expedited appeal in proposed hospital merger case A federal court has delayed plans to integrate PinnacleHealth and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center into Penn State Health pending appeal.More...