Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
Winter 2013 articles
- Combined Use of the Ilizarov Technique and Taylor Spatial Frame in Severe Lower Extremity Trauma
- Exploring Genetic Factors in Impaired Bone Healing
- Prevention and Optimal Treatment of Infected Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Needle Aponeurotomy: A Nonsurgical, Minimally Invasive Approach Toward Duputyren's Contracture
Fall 2012 articles
- The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods' Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase -- to go organic or not.More...
- Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...
- Annual vascular ultrasound conference set for May 17 On Saturday, May 17, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute will host an educational program focused on vascular ultrasound for health care providers.More...
- Nurse recognized for commitment to patient safety Rachel Yadrnak, a pediatric hematology/oncology nurse at Penn State Hershey, has been recognized by the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority. She is one of 10 statewide winners of the “I Am Patient Safety” poster campaign for her commitment to patient safety at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...