Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Summer 2015 articles
- Complex Limb Reconstruction Case Report: Combined Use of the Ilizarov Technique and Taylor Spatial Frame
- Magnetically Controlled Growing Rod System Offers Nonsurgical Distraction for Early Onset Scoliosis
- Pearls for Internal Distraction Plating of Complex Distal Radius Fractures
- Unique Challenges of Managing Injuries on the Sports Field
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...
- The Medical Minute: Understanding who’s at risk for Zika virus If you hadn’t heard of the Zika virus, chances are that has changed with recent reports of outbreaks of the mosquito-borne illness in Latin America, and possible cases in the United States — maybe even Pennsylvania.More...
- Team from Penn State Hershey travels to Ghana A group of clinical participants from Penn State Hershey — including senior medical students, residents, nurse practitioner students and faculty — are currently in rural Ghana.More...
- Cookie sale results in check presentation for Child Life Program Eli Webb and Noah Schreffler, two first-graders from Middletown, recently came home from school with an idea: they wanted to bake and sell cookies and donate the money raised to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...