We are pleased to provide a variety of services to healthcare professionals. Our web site is just one of them. Through the site you can access our medical library, clinical information, career opportunities and educational opportunities. We welcome your participation in our mission to provide world-class healthcare to the people of our communities.
MD Network 800-233-4082
Currently handling 60,000 calls annually, the Penn State MD Network at Penn State Hershey Medical Center provides a single point where physicians can conveniently obtain a consultation, make a referral or learn about a patient's condition. Reach us by calling 800-233-4082.
To transfer any patient via LifeLion air or ground, please contact our dispatcher directly at 717-531-7777.
Patient Inquiries - Patients should call 800-243-1455 for information and appointments.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Costotransversectomy: An alternative surgical approach to challenging thoracic spine reconstructions
- Targeted Ultrasound Screening for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: Where Do We Stand?
- Addressing the Technical Challenges of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Lowering the Risk of Complications
- Want to meet any of the Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute faculty at upcoming orthopaedic conferences?
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
Physicians - if you need further assistance with Power Chart Outreach OR Mpage Reach accounts, please contact us at: Connected@hmc.psu.edu
- Note: PowerChart Outreach has been replaced by Mpage Reach. To access the new Mpage Reach application, go to Mpage Reach Login, and enter your user ID and password.
Patients - please click here to contact us.