Our clinicians collaborate with scientists in our Division of Musculoskeletal Sciences, one of the premier laboratories in the country, studying the science and treatment of bone and joint disease. Areas of investigation at present include arthritis, osteoporosis, mechanisms of cell signaling, fracture healing, implant design and biomechanics, musculoskeletal cancer, and gait abnormalities.
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
Winter 2013 articles
- Combined Use of the Ilizarov Technique and Taylor Spatial Frame in Severe Lower Extremity Trauma
- Exploring Genetic Factors in Impaired Bone Healing
- Prevention and Optimal Treatment of Infected Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Needle Aponeurotomy: A Nonsurgical, Minimally Invasive Approach Toward Duputyren's Contracture
Fall 2012 articles
- The Medical Minute: Home for the holidays is a time to gauge loved ones’ health As families gather during the holiday season, it’s important to pay special attention to the older members of the clan. In fact, the holidays are a prime opportunity to observe changes in both mental and physical health that may otherwise go undetected and untreated.More...
- Learn meditation with free class series at Penn State Hershey “Awakening the Heart” is a seven-week introduction to the practice of Heart Rhythm Meditation. The classes will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays Jan. 2 through Feb. 13, at the University Fitness Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free course is open to all interested adults.More...
- Graduate students hold coat drive The Penn State College of Medicine Graduate Student Association is holding a coat drive to benefit the Bethesda Mission.More...
- Student diversity show to be held Jan. 17 in Hershey The Multicultural Awareness Club (MAC) at Penn State College of Medicine will celebrate the beauty of and share appreciation for different cultures from around the world at the 2014 Cultural Diversity Show on Jan. 17.More...