Our clinicians collaborate with scientists in our Division of Musculoskeletal Sciences, one of the premier laboratories in the country, studying the science and treatment of bone and joint disease. Areas of investigation at present include arthritis, osteoporosis, mechanisms of cell signaling, fracture healing, implant design and biomechanics, musculoskeletal cancer, and gait abnormalities.
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Costotransversectomy: An alternative surgical approach to challenging thoracic spine reconstructions
- Targeted Ultrasound Screening for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: Where Do We Stand?
- Addressing the Technical Challenges of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Lowering the Risk of Complications
- Want to meet any of the Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute faculty at upcoming orthopaedic conferences?
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
- Women will benefit from the Affordable Care Act's contraceptive coverage Women could benefit greatly from the Affordable Care Act's mandate for contraceptive coverage, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers.More...
- Superhero Window Washers: The Sequel! Four window washers put down their cleaning tools and transformed into superheroes Wednesday (Aug. 13) for a costumed descent down the side of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- Talk planned on understanding the science of meditation What is the effect of meditation on your physical and mental health? Is there any scientific basis or evidence for meditation? Can meditation be used as an alternative therapy? An upcoming lecture will offer the answers to these questions.More...
- Job fair for RNs, CNAs set for Aug. 21 Penn State Hershey will host a free job fair for registered nurses and certified nursing assistants from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 21 at the Tree House Café inside Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. Penn State Hershey recruiters will be available to discuss open positions and unit managers will be available to meet with interested candidates.More...