Our clinicians collaborate with scientists in our Division of Musculoskeletal Sciences, one of the premier laboratories in the country, studying the science and treatment of bone and joint disease. Areas of investigation at present include arthritis, osteoporosis, mechanisms of cell signaling, fracture healing, implant design and biomechanics, musculoskeletal cancer, and gait abnormalities.
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2015 articles
- Management of a Complex Open Pelvic Injury: A Coordinated Team Approach
- Superior Labral Tears in Patients Older Than 40: What is the Best Treatment?
- Sarcopenia and Increased Body Fat in Sclerostin-deficient Mice: Interactions between Muscle and Bone and Potential Implications for Osteoporosis Management
- Advantages of Total Ankle Replacement versus Pantalar Arthrodesis
- Play in Hershey to explore end-of-life decisions Drifting is a play about how siblings – one in a coma – communicate beyond the mind and the senses, making it possible to say goodbye. Performances are scheduled for Friday, May 1, and Saturday, May 2, at the Hershey Area Playhouse, 830 Cherry Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania. A “talk back” with clinicians from Penn State Hershey Medical Center will follow the play.More...
- Ozone air pollution could impact fertility Many urban and suburban areas have high levels of ground-level ozone, an air pollutant that can adversely affect lung and heart health. New research in mice suggests breathing high levels of ozone could also affect women’s ability to conceive.More...
- Registration deadline approaching for CMN Employee Golf Tournament The 30th annual CMN Employee Fundraising Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, June 1 at Lebanon Country Club. The format is a four-person scramble with a 1 p.m. shotgun start.More...
- The Medical Minute: Metric units make for more accurate medication doses Before giving a child medication, don’t reach into the kitchen drawer and grab a spoon. Instead, use a syringe that uses metric units and be sure the dose is accurate.More...