The head and neck cancer team leads in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of both benign and malignant diseases of the head and neck region. Our team employs a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat all types and stages of cancers that occur in the head and neck region, including:
- Oral cancer (lip, mouth, tongue, palate)
- Oropharyngeal cancer (tonsil, tongue base, soft palate) - including Davinci Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Laryngeal cancer (voice box)
- Hypopharyngeal cancer (throat and swallowing passage cancer)
- Thyroid cancer and tumors
- Parathyroid disease (Hyperparathyroidism) - including Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy
- Salivary gland tumors
- Cutaneous malignancies of the head and neck
Patients are thoroughly evaluated by our team of physicians and caregivers in order to make the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. We provide patients with the information needed to understand their disease and decide on the best treatment plan for them. Treatments may include surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy as well as medical therapy. Throughout treatment, we emphasize ongoing communication with patients, families, and referring physicians.
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...