Head and Neck Cancer
The head and neck cancer team leads in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of both benign and malignant diseases of the head and neck region. Our team employs a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat all types and stages of cancers that occur in the head and neck region, including:
- Oral cancer (lip, mouth, tongue, palate)
- Oropharyngeal cancer (tonsil, tongue base, soft palate) - including Davinci Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Laryngeal cancer (voice box)
- Hypopharyngeal cancer (throat and swallowing passage cancer)
- Thyroid cancer and tumors
- Parathyroid disease (Hyperparathyroidism) - including Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy
- Salivary gland tumors
- Cutaneous malignancies of the head and neck
Patients are thoroughly evaluated by our team of physicians and caregivers in order to make the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. We provide patients with the information needed to understand their disease and decide on the best treatment plan for them. Treatments may include surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy as well as medical therapy. Throughout treatment, we emphasize ongoing communication with patients, families, and referring physicians.
For an appointment with our head and neck oncology surgeon, please call 717-531-6822.
- Video: Experience maters when it comes to cancer. During his medical training, David Goldenberg, M.D., discovered there was something different about surgery and felt that with his own hands, he could make a difference and relatively quickly change the course of a disease. Click here to learn more about Behind the Hands.
- Video: "To the Best of My Knowledge" from WPSU talks with Dr. David Goldenberg about Head and Neck Cancer
- Article: The Medical Minute: Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy