Welcome to Penn State Hershey Pathology
The Department of Pathology is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and translational and basic research, and plays a vital and integral role in the medical center’s multifaceted missions. Through provision of high quality diagnostic services and the practice of laboratory medicine, the Department supports the wide range of medical care provided at the institution. Training and developing the next generation of healthcare providers, biomedical scientists, and our workforce is given high priority through the creation of educational experiences that introduce recent advances in medical and scientific knowledge into learning, and employ modern instructional techniques. Discovery and application of new information and technologies is fostered by an environment that encourages analytical thought and investigation, laboratory facilities that provide technical expertise to support research, and a wealth of clinical materials that form a rich substrate for translational investigations. In each component of its mission, the Department strives to create an atmosphere that promotes professional development and personal growth.
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP)
- Association of Clinical Scientists (ACS)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC)
- Association of Pathology Chairs (APC)
- Program Directors Section of APC (PRODS)
- Group for Research in Pathology Education (GRIPE)
- The Medical Minute: Home for the holidays is a time to gauge loved ones’ health As families gather during the holiday season, it’s important to pay special attention to the older members of the clan. In fact, the holidays are a prime opportunity to observe changes in both mental and physical health that may otherwise go undetected and untreated.More...
- Center offers range of safety-related gifts The Safety Center, located on the first floor of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is offering patrons the chance to give the gift of safety this holiday season.More...
- Learn meditation with free class series at Penn State Hershey “Awakening the Heart” is a seven-week introduction to the practice of Heart Rhythm Meditation. The classes will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays Jan. 2 through Feb. 13, at the University Fitness Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free course is open to all interested adults.More...
- Graduate students hold coat drive The Penn State College of Medicine Graduate Student Association is holding a coat drive to benefit the Bethesda Mission.More...