Welcome to Penn State Hershey Pathology
The Department of Pathology is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and translational and basic research, and plays a vital and integral role in the medical center’s multifaceted missions. Through provision of high quality diagnostic services and the practice of laboratory medicine, the Department supports the wide range of medical care provided at the institution. Training and developing the next generation of healthcare providers, biomedical scientists, and our workforce is given high priority through the creation of educational experiences that introduce recent advances in medical and scientific knowledge into learning, and employ modern instructional techniques. Discovery and application of new information and technologies is fostered by an environment that encourages analytical thought and investigation, laboratory facilities that provide technical expertise to support research, and a wealth of clinical materials that form a rich substrate for translational investigations. In each component of its mission, the Department strives to create an atmosphere that promotes professional development and personal growth.
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP)
- Association of Clinical Scientists (ACS)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC)
- Association of Pathology Chairs (APC)
- Program Directors Section of APC (PRODS)
- Group for Research in Pathology Education (GRIPE)
- New Head and Neck Cancer Support Group starts April 27 The head and neck cancer team at Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute will host the inaugural Head and Neck Cancer Support Group from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the University Conference Center, Room 302A, on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- April is National Donate Life Month It’s a fact that one person can save the lives of up to eight others and improve the lives of many more through organ, eye, and tissue donation.More...
- Adult Cochlear Implant Support Group to meet on May 8 May is Better Speech and Hearing Month. Celebrate May by helping people communicate better. The Penn State Hershey Departments of Otolaryngology and Audiology will host the Adult Cochlear Implant Support Group meeting on May 8.More...
- IPM Symposium set for May 16 The 2014 Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine Symposium will be held from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on May 16, bringing together the brightest in the field of personalized and genomic medicine.More...