Welcome to Penn State Hershey Pathology
The Department of Pathology is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and translational and basic research, and plays a vital and integral role in the medical center’s multifaceted missions. Through provision of high quality diagnostic services and the practice of laboratory medicine, the Department supports the wide range of medical care provided at the institution. Training and developing the next generation of healthcare providers, biomedical scientists, and our workforce is given high priority through the creation of educational experiences that introduce recent advances in medical and scientific knowledge into learning, and employ modern instructional techniques. Discovery and application of new information and technologies is fostered by an environment that encourages analytical thought and investigation, laboratory facilities that provide technical expertise to support research, and a wealth of clinical materials that form a rich substrate for translational investigations. In each component of its mission, the Department strives to create an atmosphere that promotes professional development and personal growth.
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP)
- Association of Clinical Scientists (ACS)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC)
- Association of Pathology Chairs (APC)
- Program Directors Section of APC (PRODS)
- Group for Research in Pathology Education (GRIPE)
- The Medical Minute: Children and hot cars a cause for deadly concern Nearly 700 children have lost their lives over the last 20 years in the United States as a result of being left in or playing in a hot car. At last count, the total in the U.S. this year is 18. National Heat Stroke Prevention Day is July 31.More...
- Crafting and racing Pinewood Derby cars at the Children’s Hospital Patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital and their families got to try their hand at crafting Pinewood Derby cars. The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, or AHF, brought Pinewood Derby kits to the hospital where children personalized their cars with stickers, markers and other materials.More...
- Parent to present at RQA Lecture on Aug. 13 The next Research Quality Assurance Lecture at Penn State Hershey will be presented by Dr. Leslie Parent, professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology; chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology; and co-director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program. She will present “Studying Viruses Using Microscopic Imaging, One Cell at a Time.”More...
- ACLS experienced provider course planned at Penn State Hershey Individuals who hold current ACLS certification and who work in acute care settings where they function as part of a code team on a regular basis may choose to renew their ACLS certification by attending the new ACLS EP Course at Penn State Hershey.More...