Welcome to Penn State Hershey Pathology
The Department of Pathology is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and translational and basic research, and plays a vital and integral role in the medical center’s multifaceted missions. Through provision of high quality diagnostic services and the practice of laboratory medicine, the Department supports the wide range of medical care provided at the institution. Training and developing the next generation of healthcare providers, biomedical scientists, and our workforce is given high priority through the creation of educational experiences that introduce recent advances in medical and scientific knowledge into learning, and employ modern instructional techniques. Discovery and application of new information and technologies is fostered by an environment that encourages analytical thought and investigation, laboratory facilities that provide technical expertise to support research, and a wealth of clinical materials that form a rich substrate for translational investigations. In each component of its mission, the Department strives to create an atmosphere that promotes professional development and personal growth.
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - Main Laboratory
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - POCT
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Inspections of Registered Labs
- Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) - Main Laboratory
- Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) - POCT
- Study to focus on obese women with unexplained infertility Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Dr. Richard Legro, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, is researching the effects of lifestyle modifications in obese women with unexplained infertility. Volunteers are needed for this study.More...
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
- The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...