Welcome to Penn State Hershey Pathology
The Department of Pathology is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and translational and basic research, and plays a vital and integral role in the medical center’s multifaceted missions. Through provision of high quality diagnostic services and the practice of laboratory medicine, the Department supports the wide range of medical care provided at the institution. Training and developing the next generation of healthcare providers, biomedical scientists, and our workforce is given high priority through the creation of educational experiences that introduce recent advances in medical and scientific knowledge into learning, and employ modern instructional techniques. Discovery and application of new information and technologies is fostered by an environment that encourages analytical thought and investigation, laboratory facilities that provide technical expertise to support research, and a wealth of clinical materials that form a rich substrate for translational investigations. In each component of its mission, the Department strives to create an atmosphere that promotes professional development and personal growth.
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - Main Laboratory
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - POCT
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Inspections of Registered Labs
- Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) - Main Laboratory
- Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) - POCT
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- Independence Day celebration set for July 4 on Penn State Hershey campus Again this year, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will present An American Salute, an Independence Day performance by the Hershey Symphony Orchestra on the front lawn of the main hospital complex. This event typically attracts thousands of people.More...
- The Medical Minute: Poison ivy affects some people more than others Three-quarters of the population will get an itchy red rash if exposed to the urushiol oil inside poison ivy’s leaves, stem and roots -- but one-quarter of people will not have any reaction to exposure.More...
- Next attorney office hours at Penn State Hershey set for July 9 Researchers are invited to attend office hours on Thursday, July 9 with Penn State’s intellectual property attorney, Michael Brignati. Brignati is on the Penn State Hershey campus the second Thursday of each monthMore...