Cystic Fibrosis Center Research
Our mission as a Cystic Fibrosis Center here at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Volunteering to participate in a cystic fibrosis clinical research study is one way to contribute to the understanding of the disease. Volunteers are an important link in a long chain of research and testing in the development of new therapies for a broad range of health problems.
During clinical trials, researchers closely evaluate the safety and efficacy of possible new treatments. To get FDA approval of new medications for use by cystic fibrosis patients, the medication must be tested in people with the illness. By becoming involved in this process, cystic fibrosis patients can help in the search for better ways to fight the disease.
Research cannot move forward without your help.
- Learn about CF clinical trials.
- Ask your care center team about participating in trials.
- Join the search for new treatments and a potential cure.
For more information about clinical trials at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Center, please contact Research Nurse Coordinators Diane Kitch, 717-531-5646 or Lisa Allwein, 717-531-8196 or talk with your cystic fibrosis provider.
See our current clinical studies.
Information on this page used with permission from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- The Medical Minute: Many people with congenital heart disease living longer At one time, many children born with congenital heart disease (CHD) suffered from issues that carried fatal prognoses. That has changed, though, thanks to technological advancements.More...
- Penn State Hershey part of new report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital is part of a first-of-its-kind report released today on pediatric and congenital heart surgery. The report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes is a first of its kind in Pennsylvania, and is the only statewide reporting effort like it in the nation.More...
- New program to promote and fund collaborative research at College of Medicine A new program to promote research collaborations and fund team research projects at Penn State Hershey kicks off on Feb. 26.More...
- Radiothon raises money to support programs at Children’s Hospital The 2015 GIANT Foods Stores I Care for Kids Radiothon on WIOV 105.1 raised $123,380 for Children's Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...