Cystic Fibrosis Center Research
Our mission as a Cystic Fibrosis Center here at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Volunteering to participate in a cystic fibrosis clinical research study is one way to contribute to the understanding of the disease. Volunteers are an important link in a long chain of research and testing in the development of new therapies for a broad range of health problems.
During clinical trials, researchers closely evaluate the safety and efficacy of possible new treatments. To get FDA approval of new medications for use by cystic fibrosis patients, the medication must be tested in people with the illness. By becoming involved in this process, cystic fibrosis patients can help in the search for better ways to fight the disease.
Research cannot move forward without your help.
- Learn about CF clinical trials.
- Ask your care center team about participating in trials.
- Join the search for new treatments and a potential cure.
For more information about clinical trials at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Center, please contact Research Nurse Coordinators Diane Kitch, 717-531-5646 or Lisa Allwein, 717-531-8196 or talk with your cystic fibrosis provider.
See our current clinical studies.
Information on this page used with permission from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Meet Dr. Leslie Parent, Penn State Hershey’s new vice dean for research With a career in retrovirology research, a passion for education, and a 24-year history at Penn State Hershey, Dr. Leslie Parent brings a strong skillset to her new position as vice dean for research and graduate education.More...
- Penn State Hershey offering program to help children cope with cancer diagnoses Penn State Hershey Medical Center will host CLIMB -- Children's Lives Include Moments of Bravery -- a free program designed to help children cope when someone they love has cancer by encouraging discussion and creativity.More...
- Committee at College of Medicine seeks nominations for 2016 Woodward Lecturer The Woodward Endowment for Medical Science Education Steering Committee at Penn State College of Medicine is calling for nominations for the 2016 Woodward Lecturer.More...
- Eyster wins Physician of the Year award The National Hemophilia Foundation has named Penn State Hershey’s Dr. Elaine Eyster as Physician of the Year.More...