Cystic Fibrosis Center Research
Our mission as a Cystic Fibrosis Center here at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Volunteering to participate in a cystic fibrosis clinical research study is one way to contribute to the understanding of the disease. Volunteers are an important link in a long chain of research and testing in the development of new therapies for a broad range of health problems.
During clinical trials, researchers closely evaluate the safety and efficacy of possible new treatments. To get FDA approval of new medications for use by cystic fibrosis patients, the medication must be tested in people with the illness. By becoming involved in this process, cystic fibrosis patients can help in the search for better ways to fight the disease.
Research cannot move forward without your help.
- Learn about CF clinical trials.
- Ask your care center team about participating in trials.
- Join the search for new treatments and a potential cure.
For more information about clinical trials at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Center, please contact Research Nurse Coordinators Diane Kitch, 717-531-5646 or Lisa Allwein, 717-531-8196 or talk with your cystic fibrosis provider.
See our current clinical studies.
Information on this page used with permission from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- The Medical Minute: Simple steps can lead to safe sleep for infants The number of infants who die each year from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) has decreased in recent decades as awareness of safe sleeping habits has increased. Yet each year, babies still die from sudden, unexplained causes.More...
- Tickets on sale for Children's Miracle Ball on Nov. 22 The 25th annual Miracle Ball will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Hershey Lodge. The ball begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction followed by dinner, dancing and entertainment provided by Honey Pump.More...
- Tickets available for Neiman Marcus Fashion Show on Dec. 5 at Hotel Hershey Children's Miracle Network's annual Neiman Marcus Fashion Show returns Dec. 5 to the Hotel Hershey. This elegant runway show and luncheon benefits the children and families of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Comics in illness the topic of the next First Fridays Lecture The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine will welcome Katie Green to the November First Fridays Lecture, “SHOW AND TELL: The Power of Comics in Illness,” at noon Nov. 7 in Room C2860.More...