Cystic Fibrosis Center Research
Our mission as a Cystic Fibrosis Center here at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Volunteering to participate in a cystic fibrosis clinical research study is one way to contribute to the understanding of the disease. Volunteers are an important link in a long chain of research and testing in the development of new therapies for a broad range of health problems.
During clinical trials, researchers closely evaluate the safety and efficacy of possible new treatments. To get FDA approval of new medications for use by cystic fibrosis patients, the medication must be tested in people with the illness. By becoming involved in this process, cystic fibrosis patients can help in the search for better ways to fight the disease.
Research cannot move forward without your help.
- Learn about CF clinical trials.
- Ask your care center team about participating in trials.
- Join the search for new treatments and a potential cure.
For more information about clinical trials at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Center, please contact Research Nurse Coordinators Diane Kitch, 717-531-5646 or Lisa Allwein, 717-531-8196 or talk with your cystic fibrosis provider.
See our current clinical studies.
Information on this page used with permission from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Women will benefit from the Affordable Care Act's contraceptive coverage Women could benefit greatly from the Affordable Care Act's mandate for contraceptive coverage, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers.More...
- Superhero Window Washers: The Sequel! Four window washers put down their cleaning tools and transformed into superheroes Wednesday (Aug. 13) for a costumed descent down the side of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- Talk planned on understanding the science of meditation What is the effect of meditation on your physical and mental health? Is there any scientific basis or evidence for meditation? Can meditation be used as an alternative therapy? An upcoming lecture will offer the answers to these questions.More...
- Job fair for RNs, CNAs set for Aug. 21 Penn State Hershey will host a free job fair for registered nurses and certified nursing assistants from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 21 at the Tree House Café inside Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. Penn State Hershey recruiters will be available to discuss open positions and unit managers will be available to meet with interested candidates.More...