Welcome to the 12th International Conference
Pediatric Mechanical Circulatory Support Systems and Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Perfusion being held on May 18-21, 2016 at New York-Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Emile Bacha, MD, NewYork, NY
- Paul Chai, MD, NewYork, NY
- Akif Ündar, PhD , Hershey, PA, , Her,
- November 22, 2015 Early conference registration and abstract submission (online) begins
- February 9, 2016 Deadline for abstract submission
- February 9, 2016 Exhibitor booth registration deadline
- February 16, 2016 Notification of accepted abstract
- March 8, 2016 Early registration ends
- March 27, 2016 Final day for manuscript submissions being considered for conference awards
- March 9 - May 17, 2016 Late registration
- May 18 - 21, 2016 On-site registration (only if space is available)
- Changes to Medical Center’s financial assistance policy to take effect July 1 On July 1, new Internal Revenue Service regulations regarding financial assistance will take effect, changing the requirements not-for-profit hospitals and health systems must meet to keep their tax-exempt status. The revised regulations are part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and will be implemented at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- The Medical Minute: Seeking early treatment key to beating testicular cancer When women feel a lump in their breast, they usually seek medical attention within a few weeks. Yet men who notice something abnormal in a testicle typically don't see a doctor for two to three months.More...
- Educating parents on healthy infant sleep habits may help prevent obesity Teaching parents bedtime techniques to encourage healthy sleep habits in their infants may help prevent obesity, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers. Strong links exist between inadequate sleep and childhood obesity.More...
- Gomez and Hafenstein awarded collaborative grant to study virus structures Esther Gomez, assistant professor of chemical engineering and biomedical engineering in Penn State’s College of Engineering, and Susan Hafenstein, associate professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology in Penn State’s College of Medicine, have been awarded one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine for the 2016-17 project period.More...