Employee Preferred Prescription Drug Plan
How to get started - Some Tips and Tricks!
- Tell your prescriber whether you need a 30-day or a 90-day supply. Prescriptions will be filled for the quantity written and this will determine the location of your prescription. Effective January 1, 2015, all 90 day prescriptions will be mailed. Mailing will occur from the East Campus pharmacy. There is a secure drop off box for prescriptions to be dropped off.
Your provider should choose: "PSHMC MAIL EMPLOYEE 90 DAY" when e-prescribing. This will ensure the prescription is routed to the correct pharmacy.
- To avoid delays with your prescription, please fill out the Employee Mail Order Prescription Form, especially the section with consent for storage of Credit Card information. This form can also be:
o Picked up at the UPC, PSCI, or EC pharmacy; or
o Accessed through the infonet Pharmacy home page
- Completed forms should be faxed (531-0736), or dropped off in the secure mailbox outside the UPC Pharmacy or the East Campus pharmacy.
- All controlled substance prescriptions will be sent out via certified mail with a signature required at delivery.
- Employees who have an immediate need to start a CHRONIC OR ACUTE prescription and cannot wait the standard 7 day turnaround time should have their physician e-prescribe a 30-day prescription to the "PSHMC UPC Outpatient Pharmacy" located in the UPC II building during regular business hours. If after hours and weekends, providers may e-prescribe to the PSHMC PSCI Cancer Institute pharmacy.
- ¿When having Mail Order prescriptions filled, please wait 7 business days for delivery before calling to check their status. If you require your prescription sooner, have your prescription filled at the UPC pharmacy for a 30 day supply only and pickup on the same day.
- E-mails are NOT sent for acute (30-day) prescriptions or any prescription requested to be filled the same day.
- Click here to access the PSMSHMC Highmark Formulary and determine if your drug is formulary.
- The(IVR) or Automated Phone system 717-531-3909 is the preferred and FASTEST way to request REFILLS. Whenever possible, employees should use this automated phone system 717-531-3909 and your refill will automatically be put thru our system. This IVR system will let you know if the rx has no refills or if the rx is too soon to be filled.
- Check prescription bottles for remaining refills before placing a request. Otherwise, additional time will be required to get the renewal from the physician's office.