Welcome to Penn State Hershey
Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinics
Penn State Hershey Medical Center will offer free flu shots during two Drive-Through Flu Clinics in October:
- Saturday, October 17 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Registration is full)
- Saturday, October 24 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The clinics will take place in the parking lot of the Academic Support Building located on the main campus (90 Hope Drive, Hershey, PA).
Free flu shots will be given to adults and children 3 years or older. Reservations for this event are needed to help control traffic flow in and out of the parking lot and to help reduce wait times.
- Click here to register for October 17 free flu shots. (Registration is full)
- Click here to register for October 24 free flu shots.
Community Service Missions
- Outreach: Improve the quality of life for those in our local, regional, national, and global communities through service and volunteerism.
- Education: Provide cutting edge information to the community about health and medical issues. We strive to promote safety, healthy habits, general well-being, and preventive medicine in conjunction with our community partners.
- Partnership: Join with members of our local community to make central Pennsylvania a healthier and better place to live.
As teachers, care-givers, and researchers, service defines us. It is more than a commitment we make to our community - it is part of our nature.
Our community service activities take many forms and involve thousands of Penn State Hershey employees, Central Pennsylvania citizens, and partners across the globe. We provide tens of millions of dollars annually in charity work and state-of-the-art compassionate care to individuals without insurance or on Medicaid.
A few of our community efforts and initiatives are listed below – follow the links to learn more about them:
- THON – Penn State Dance Marathon fundraiser for the Four Diamonds Fund
- Lion Care – Student-run free medical clinic in Harrisburg
- LionReach – Mobile training and evaluation center
- Global Health Center
- Kiss Hershey Back – Annual Derry Township clean-up day run by medical students
- Children's Miracle Network – Children's Miracle Network's mission is to generate funds and awareness programs for Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and the children and families it serves.
- Early Preparation and Inspiration for Careers in the Biomedical Sciences (EPIC) – This project is committed to the idea that students at the high school level need to be prepared and inspired to make informed decisions about their futures.
- Surgery Live Program – An innovative program to stimulate the interest of middle school and high school students in careers in the health care field.| Video interviews with surgery team
- Mini-Medical School – For public to learn about the medical field
- Northern Appalachia Cancer Network (video)
- PRO Wellness Center Health Champions Program – Program focused on making "healthy easy"
Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate
Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health
For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats
Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...
Penn State Hershey has solid foundation for improving diagnosis
While national attention is being drawn to the issue of inaccurate or delayed medical diagnoses, Penn State Hershey has been actively addressing issues that can lead to diagnostic errors with programs from medical education through to the clinic.More...