How to Apply
- We accept applications for approximately 4-5 PGY-1 positions every year.
Applications will be accepted via ERAS only and are considered complete when the all of the following have been received:
3 letters of recommendation Medical school transcript Dean's letter from the applicant's medical school USMLE scores CV Personal Statement
For further information please contact Jennifer Koser at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we are unable to accommodate requests for visits from candidates who have not been invited for an interview.
- Interview season is open from October through January. We typically offer interviews to 60 applicants each year.
- There is no deadline for accepting applications during recruitment season; however, applicants are encouraged to submit as soon as possible. Once our interview slots are filled we are unlikely to review additional applications.
- Due to the large number of applications received we are unable to inform each individual applicant who has not been invited for an interview about the status of their application.
We welcome your interest in our program. The following information has been compiled in response to queries frequently received by our training office:
- We do accept applications from graduates of International Medical Schools. We do not offer the H-1 visa. We do consider applicants who would require a J-1 visa. The J-1 visa is sponsored by ECFMG. While we do not have a minimum USMLE or Comlex score, applicants scoring below 210 on either Step 1 or Step 2 of the USMLE, or below 500 on the Comlex, or those having more than 2 attempts to pass the examinations and obtain these scores are unlikely to be successful candidates. We do not have a "cut-off date" for years since graduation from medical school. We consider each application on an individual basis. Evidence of clear interest in the specialty of Psychiatry is expected, preferably via demonstrated experience in the field. International Medical School graduates must have ECFMG certification.
- Regretfully, only applications through ERAS can be considered. Please do not email or telephone with requests for interviews or reconsideration.
- We do not offer observerships or externships
- Due to limited resources we cannot, at any time, accommodate applicants who wish to visit our program unless they have been invited for an interview.