How to Apply
- We accept applications for approximately 4-5 PGY-1 positions every year.
- Applications will be accepted via ERAS only and are considered complete when the all of the following have been received:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter from your medical school
- USMLE scores
- Personal Statement
- Photograph required
- Interview season runs from October-January. We typically offer interviews to 40-50 applicants each year.
- Due to the large number of applications we receive (more than 1,100 last year) we are unable to inform individual applicants who have not been invited for an interview about the status of their application.
- We do not have a deadline for accepting applications, but encourage applicants to submit as soon as possible. Once our interview slots fill up we are unlikely to review additional applications.
- For further information please contact Jennifer Koser at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we are unable to accommodate requests for visits from candidates who have not been invited for an interview.
We welcome your interest in our program. The following information has been compiled in response to queries frequently received by our Training Office:
- Yes we do accept and consider applications from graduates of International Medical Schools.
- We do not offer the H-1 visa. We do consider applicants who would require a J-1 visa. The J-1 visa is sponsored by ECFMG.
- While we do not have a minimum USMLE score, applicants scoring below 80 on either Step 1 or Step 2, or who have more than 2 attempts to reach this level or pass the Clinical Skills component are unlikely to be successful candidates.
- We do not have a "cut-off date" for years since graduation from medical school. We consider each application on an individual basis.
- Evidence of clear interest in the specialty of Psychiatry is expected, preferably via experience in the field.
- You would be expected to have ECFMG certification.
- Only applications through ERAS can be considered. Please do not email with (additional) requests for interviews or reconsideration.
- We do not offer observership.
- Due to limited resources we cannot at any time accommodate applicants who wish to visit our program unless they have been invited for an interview.
- Residency Benefits and Policies
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®)