Welcome to Penn State Hershey Psychiatry
Like all of medicine and health care, psychiatry stands poised on a threshold of great and rapid changes. In the near future, advances in imaging and molecular biology will unlock many of the brain's mysteries, allowing more personalized treatments, based on new understanding of pathophysiology. Psychiatric patients, their families, and society at large will benefit. It is an exciting time to be a physician and to specialize in the evolving specialty of psychiatry. Click here to learn more
For clinical concerns and appointments, please contact the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI) Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 866-746-2496. For out-patient appointments in Hershey, please call 717-531-8338.
The Central Pennsylvania Regional Autism Partnership, an ASERT center, was established in December of 2008 through a generous grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare's Bureau of Autism Services. In establishing the ASERT centers, the Bureau is intending to create three regional centers for Autism Service, Education, Research, and Training (ASERT) as a cost-effective way to address the chasm between research and quality diagnostic and intervention practices. The establishment of these three centers is a direct result of the work of the Autism Task Force, which recommended development and funding of regional centers as a means to leverage work from the research community.
For full stories and to see a complete listing, please click on one of the items below:
- Congratulations Dr. Erika F.H. Saunders
- Kudos Drs. Dougherty and Hameed
- Congratulations to Dr. Ilia Kritikou
- "Get Psyched" Wins ShapeUp Wellness Challenge
- Penn State Psychiatry Welcomes New Faculty.
- Congratulations to Dr. Aditya Joshi and Dr. Jolene Hillwig-Garcia.
- Fauzia Mahr, M.D. awarded 2013 Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Susan Calhoun, PhD Awarded ABPP Diplomate Status
- Nine Psychiatry Faculty Members Named to 2013 Best Doctors in America
- Postdoctoral Scholar Julio Fernandez-Mendoza, PhD Receives Honors
- Alan J. Gelenberg, M.D. Interviewed for Patriot News/Penn Live Article
- Child Psychiatry Fellows Jitendra Annapareddy, M.D. and Lance Feldman, M.D. Pass Adult Psychiatry Boards
- Congratulations to Fauzia Mahr, M.D. and Mary Jo Laudermilch, CRNP on Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Bixler Named Keynote Speaker for SLEEP 2013
- Congratulations to Alan Gelenberg, M.D. on Successful Four Diamonds 5K Run
- Hameed and Joshi Receive Dean's Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Psychiatry Welcomes Ajay Bhandari, M.D. and Azim Shahsavar, M.D.
- Department of Psychiatry Promotions
- Congratulations to Jolene Hillwig-Garcia, M.D.
- Alan J. Gelenberg, M.D. Interviewed for Realage.com Article
- Aditya Joshi, M.D. and Jolene Hillwig-Garcia, M.D. Accepted Into 2012-2013 Junior Faculty Development Program
- Graduate Student Jonathan Harris Receives CTSI TL1 Career Development Award
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Recognized by AACAP's 100% Club
- Graduate Exhibition Awards
- The Medical Minute: Screening and awareness mean fewer prostate cancer deaths Fewer men are being diagnosed with and dying from prostate cancer these days. While that is due in part to widespread awareness and better treatment, it also is the result of more judicious screening.More...
- Inspiring stories about Penn State Hershey to air on WGAL and ABC 27 Inspiring Stories of Penn State Hershey, a television documentary highlighting the work of staff, students and faculty from Penn State Hershey, will air on two local television stations over the next two weeks.More...
- Grateful dad presents sculptures to physician, Ronald McDonald House Mike Murphy is grateful to the heart surgeon at Penn State Hershey who operated on his son, Gavin – and on Tuesday, he expressed his gratitude through his art. On Tuesday, Murphy, a sculptor, presented original sculptures to Dr. Brian Clark of Penn State Hershey Children’s Heart Group and to representatives of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Pennsylvania.More...
- Annual Dean’s Lecture at Penn State Hershey to highlight AIDS research Dr. Michael L. Lederman, Scott R. Inkley Professor of Medicine, co-director, Case Western Reserve University (CWRU)/UHC Center for AIDS Research, will give this year's Fall Dean’s Lecture at Penn State Hershey. The annual event will be held on Tuesday, October 7 at 4 p.m. in the Junker Auditorium on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...