Welcome to Penn State Hershey Psychiatry
Like all of medicine and health care, psychiatry stands poised on a threshold of great and rapid changes. In the near future, advances in imaging and molecular biology will unlock many of the brain's mysteries, allowing more personalized treatments, based on new understanding of pathophysiology. Psychiatric patients, their families, and society at large will benefit. It is an exciting time to be a physician and to specialize in the evolving specialty of psychiatry. Click here to learn more
For clinical concerns and appointments, please contact the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI) Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 866-746-2496. For out-patient appointments in Hershey, please call 717-531-8338.
The Central Pennsylvania Regional Autism Partnership, an ASERT center, was established in December of 2008 through a generous grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare's Bureau of Autism Services. In establishing the ASERT centers, the Bureau is intending to create three regional centers for Autism Service, Education, Research, and Training (ASERT) as a cost-effective way to address the chasm between research and quality diagnostic and intervention practices. The establishment of these three centers is a direct result of the work of the Autism Task Force, which recommended development and funding of regional centers as a means to leverage work from the research community.
For full stories and to see a complete listing, please click on one of the items below:
- Congratulations Dr. Erika F.H. Saunders
- Kudos Drs. Dougherty and Hameed
- Congratulations to Dr. Ilia Kritikou
- "Get Psyched" Wins ShapeUp Wellness Challenge
- Penn State Psychiatry Welcomes New Faculty.
- Congratulations to Dr. Aditya Joshi and Dr. Jolene Hillwig-Garcia.
- Fauzia Mahr, M.D. awarded 2013 Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Susan Calhoun, PhD Awarded ABPP Diplomate Status
- Nine Psychiatry Faculty Members Named to 2013 Best Doctors in America
- Postdoctoral Scholar Julio Fernandez-Mendoza, PhD Receives Honors
- Alan J. Gelenberg, M.D. Interviewed for Patriot News/Penn Live Article
- Child Psychiatry Fellows Jitendra Annapareddy, M.D. and Lance Feldman, M.D. Pass Adult Psychiatry Boards
- Congratulations to Fauzia Mahr, M.D. and Mary Jo Laudermilch, CRNP on Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Bixler Named Keynote Speaker for SLEEP 2013
- Congratulations to Alan Gelenberg, M.D. on Successful Four Diamonds 5K Run
- Hameed and Joshi Receive Dean's Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Psychiatry Welcomes Ajay Bhandari, M.D. and Azim Shahsavar, M.D.
- Department of Psychiatry Promotions
- Congratulations to Jolene Hillwig-Garcia, M.D.
- Alan J. Gelenberg, M.D. Interviewed for Realage.com Article
- Aditya Joshi, M.D. and Jolene Hillwig-Garcia, M.D. Accepted Into 2012-2013 Junior Faculty Development Program
- Graduate Student Jonathan Harris Receives CTSI TL1 Career Development Award
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Recognized by AACAP's 100% Club
- The Medical Minute: Children and hot cars a cause for deadly concern Nearly 700 children have lost their lives over the last 20 years in the United States as a result of being left in or playing in a hot car. At last count, the total in the U.S. this year is 18. National Heat Stroke Prevention Day is July 31.More...
- Crafting and racing Pinewood Derby cars at the Children’s Hospital Patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital and their families got to try their hand at crafting Pinewood Derby cars. The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, or AHF, brought Pinewood Derby kits to the hospital where children personalized their cars with stickers, markers and other materials.More...
- Parent to present at RQA Lecture on Aug. 13 The next Research Quality Assurance Lecture at Penn State Hershey will be presented by Dr. Leslie Parent, professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology; chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology; and co-director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program. She will present “Studying Viruses Using Microscopic Imaging, One Cell at a Time.”More...
- ACLS experienced provider course planned at Penn State Hershey Individuals who hold current ACLS certification and who work in acute care settings where they function as part of a code team on a regular basis may choose to renew their ACLS certification by attending the new ACLS EP Course at Penn State Hershey.More...