Welcome to Penn State Psychiatry Clinical Services
Penn State Hershey faculty members care for patients in a variety of locations and settings. We provide psychiatric consultation to patients in HMC's hospital and in a variety of outpatient settings, such as the Transplant Program, Women's Health, the Sleep Research and Treatment Center, and Hershey Medical Center's Physician Group. For a clinic appointment in Hershey, call 717-531-8338.
We also care for patients with our clinical partner, Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI). At PPI we provide inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services for mature adults, adults, children and adolescents, including those with intellectual disabilities. Our faculty members provide services at PPI in 2 locations in Harrisburg. Information about specific PPI clinical programs can be found on their website (www.ppimhs.org). To make a referral or for questions, call the Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 1-866-746-2496.
Is your child struggling with paying attention or having issues with behavior?
Penn State Hershey Psychiatry offers an eight-week group counseling program for parents and their children who have issues with paying attention, following the rules, temper outbursts, or getting along with others.
To register, please call 717-531-6772 or email CareLine@hmc.psu.edu (subject: ADHD).
Children (ages 5 - 12) with attention or behavior issues and their parent(s).
Wednesday afternoons and evenings (eight week sessions) offered throughout the year.
Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Psychiatry
22 Northeast Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
(behind Tanger Outlet Center)
Standard co-pay charges may apply for parents; separate fees apply for optional children's sessions ($20 per session).
This group session is not appropriate for everyone; children with the following characteristics would not benefit from this program:
- High levels of physical aggression
- Those who are a serious threat to harm themselves or others
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Low cognitive abilities
For more information on more appropriate programs for these concerns, please call 717-531-6772.
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
- The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...
- Penn State Hershey has solid foundation for improving diagnosis While national attention is being drawn to the issue of inaccurate or delayed medical diagnoses, Penn State Hershey has been actively addressing issues that can lead to diagnostic errors with programs from medical education through to the clinic.More...