Welcome to Penn State Psychiatry Clinical Services
Penn State Hershey faculty members care for patients in a variety of locations and settings. We provide psychiatric consultation to patients in HMC's hospital and in a variety of outpatient settings, such as the Transplant Program, Women's Health, the Sleep Research and Treatment Center, and Hershey Medical Center's Physician Group. For a clinic appointment in Hershey, call 717-531-8338.
We also care for patients with our clinical partner, Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI). At PPI we provide inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services for mature adults, adults, children and adolescents, including those with intellectual disabilities. Our faculty members provide services at PPI in 2 locations in Harrisburg. Information about specific PPI clinical programs can be found on their website (www.ppimhs.org). To make a referral or for questions, call the Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 1-866-746-2496.
Is your child struggling with paying attention or having issues with behavior?
Penn State Hershey Psychiatry offers an eight-week group counseling program for parents and their children who have issues with paying attention, following the rules, temper outbursts, or getting along with others.
To register, please call 717-531-6772 or email CareLine@hmc.psu.edu (subject: ADHD).
Children (ages 5 - 12) with attention or behavior issues and their parent(s).
Wednesday afternoons and evenings (eight week sessions) offered throughout the year.
Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Psychiatry
22 Northeast Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
(behind Tanger Outlet Center)
Standard co-pay charges may apply for parents; separate fees apply for optional children's sessions ($20 per session).
This group session is not appropriate for everyone; children with the following characteristics would not benefit from this program:
- High levels of physical aggression
- Those who are a serious threat to harm themselves or others
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Low cognitive abilities
For more information on more appropriate programs for these concerns, please call 717-531-6772.
- Exercise program inspires $14 million College of Medicine research study Three sets of shoulder presses, chat about the weather. Three sets of chair stands, joke with the person on your right. Three sets of arm pulls, encourage the person on your left. This simple recipe – which combines strength training with socialization – has become a successful formula for older adults who participate in Band Together peer exercise groups throughout Central Pennsylvania.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' thank you to these Penn Staters This week, we recognize five people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with World Campus, Penn State Hershey, Penn State Law and the College of Agricultural Sciences.More...
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- Independence Day celebration set for July 4 on Penn State Hershey campus Again this year, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will present An American Salute, an Independence Day performance by the Hershey Symphony Orchestra on the front lawn of the main hospital complex. This event typically attracts thousands of people.More...