Penn State Psychiatry Clinical Services
Penn State Hershey faculty members care for patients in a variety of locations and settings. We provide psychiatric consultation to patients in HMC's hospital and in a variety of outpatient settings, such as the Transplant Program, Women's Health, the Sleep Research and Treatment Center, and Hershey Medical Center's Physician Group. For a clinic appointment in Hershey, call 717-531-8338.
We also care for patients with our clinical partner, Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI). At PPI we provide inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services for mature adults, adults, children and adolescents, including those with intellectual disabilities. Our faculty members provide services at PPI in 2 locations in Harrisburg. Information about specific PPI clinical programs can be found on their website (www.ppimhs.org). To make a referral or for questions, call the Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 1-866-746-2496.
Is your child struggling with paying attention or having issues with behavior?
Penn State Hershey Psychiatry offers an eight-week group counseling program for parents and their children who have issues with paying attention, following the rules, temper outbursts, or getting along with others.
To register, please call 717-531-6772 or email CareLine@hmc.psu.edu (subject: ADHD).
Children (ages 5 - 12) with attention or behavior issues and their parent(s).
Wednesday afternoons and evenings (eight week sessions) offered throughout the year.
Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Psychiatry
22 Northeast Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
(behind Tanger Outlet Center)
Standard co-pay charges may apply for parents; separate fees apply for optional children's sessions ($20 per session).
This group session is not appropriate for everyone; children with the following characteristics would not benefit from this program:
- High levels of physical aggression
- Those who are a serious threat to harm themselves or others
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Low cognitive abilities
For more information on more appropriate programs for these concerns, please call 717-531-6772.
- Penn State Executive Programs earns another Chief Learning Officer award Penn State Executive Programs has once again been honored by Chief Learning Officer magazine with a Learning in Practice award; this year for work with Penn State Health and the College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: What you need to know this flu season As flu season approaches, medical experts have some new recommendations – along with some old standards – on how to reduce your chances of getting sick.More...
- Inaugural Brain Run 5K event set for Oct. 8 The inaugural Brain Run 5K race/walk will take place Oct. 8 at Milton Hershey School, with proceeds to benefit research and outreach at Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- Upcoming Reynolds Lecture to feature almuna Nancy Collop The Department of Medicine Herbert Y. and Anne L. Reynolds Lecture will be held on Oct. 11. Guest speaker Dr. Nancy A. Collop, a College of Medicine graduate, will present “Sleep Apnea — The Not-So-Silent Disease in Your Waiting Room.”More...