Penn State Psychiatry Clinical Services
Penn State Hershey faculty members care for patients in a variety of locations and settings. We provide psychiatric consultation to patients in HMC's hospital and in a variety of outpatient settings, such as the Transplant Program, Women's Health, the Sleep Research and Treatment Center, and Hershey Medical Center's Physician Group. For a clinic appointment in Hershey, call 717-531-8338.
We also care for patients with our clinical partner, Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI). At PPI we provide inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services for mature adults, adults, children and adolescents, including those with intellectual disabilities. Our faculty members provide services at PPI in 2 locations in Harrisburg. Information about specific PPI clinical programs can be found on their website (www.ppimhs.org). To make a referral or for questions, call the Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 1-866-746-2496.
Is your child struggling with paying attention or having issues with behavior?
Penn State Hershey Psychiatry offers an eight-week group counseling program for parents and their children who have issues with paying attention, following the rules, temper outbursts, or getting along with others.
To register, please call 717-531-6772 or email CareLine@hmc.psu.edu (subject: ADHD).
Children (ages 5 - 12) with attention or behavior issues and their parent(s).
Wednesday afternoons and evenings (eight week sessions) offered throughout the year.
Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Psychiatry
22 Northeast Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
(behind Tanger Outlet Center)
Standard co-pay charges may apply for parents; separate fees apply for optional children's sessions ($20 per session).
This group session is not appropriate for everyone; children with the following characteristics would not benefit from this program:
- High levels of physical aggression
- Those who are a serious threat to harm themselves or others
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Low cognitive abilities
For more information on more appropriate programs for these concerns, please call 717-531-6772.
- Student design partners at College of Medicine begin work on new curriculum Five students at Penn State College of Medicine have deferred the start of medical school for a year to serve as student design partners who are helping to shape the curriculum that will guide their medical education.More...
- Successful research requires teamwork Successful research often requires a combination of resources and cooperation that can be challenging to coordinate. Case in point: Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s participation in a clinical trial studying the safety of MRI use in patients who are implanted with a specific brand of defibrillator and lead.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' to this Penn Stater This week, we recognize two people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with Penn State Hershey and Penn State New Kensington.More...
- The Medical Minute: Clearing up common myths about psoriasis Psoriasis is a misunderstood disease, often kept under wraps by sufferers who want to hide their skin lesions. This week, Dr. Sara Ferguson, a dermatologist at Penn State Medical Group in State College, separates fact from myth about psoriasis and the various treatment options.More...