Welcome to Penn State Hershey Radiology
The Department of Radiology occupies much of the ground floor, main hospital, and has imaging sites at 30 Hope Drive (CT, MRI & Breast Imaging) and 35 Hope Drive (Cherry Drive Outpatient Building for Ultrasound and Xray Imaging) on campus. Other imaging locations include the Penn State Health Groups sites at Fishburn Road, Hershey, Nyes Road, Harrisburg and in Camp Hill, PA. We have over 370 employees including 61 faculty and 30 Radiology residents. An all digital department, we provide immediate image availability at the point of patient care at all locations within the network.
The Department of Radiology provides interdependent clinical care, education and research to support the College of Medicine missions at Penn State.
Our missions include the provision of the highest quality image acquisition and interpretation services and image guided interventional and therapeutic services to patients receiving care at Penn State Hershey Medical Center and to all the people of central Pennsylvania.
Education of medical students, residents and fellows has long been the central focus of the department, occurring during clinical care, in the lecture hall and in the research laboratory.
The advancement of imaging science through basic, translational and clinical research is the third arm of our mission and, is the future of our profession.
Departmental Strategic Goals
- Establish a forum for frequent inter-Divisional communication
- Integrate and incent research efforts at the Division level
- Promote faculty development and mentoring
- Develop and implement educational curricula focused on objective outcomes measures
- Actively participate in development of operational and capital equipment budgets
- Develop entrepreneurial endeavors that leverage divisional strengths and needs
GOAL: Provide an infrastructure to support common mission focused activities across all Radiology Divisions:
- Implement new technology to provide effective data mining of clinical case material to support clinical management, education, clinical research, safety and quality of care
- Support research: training, clinical trials support, grant management and research support staff
- Establish clinical support structure (e.g.: Radiology Assistants)
GOAL: Establish integrated continuous quality improvement program:
- Establish training in the methodology of continuous quality improvement
- Identify and validate quantitative measures for objective assessment of outcomes
- Communicate CQI results and best practices within and between Divisions
- Penn State Hershey to observe American Heart Month Penn State Hershey Medical Center has several events planned for February in observation of American Heart Month.More...
- Spin for THON activities set for Feb. 21 The Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center invites the community to participate in Spin for THON on Saturday, Feb. 21. Cyclists can sign up for a 50-minute cycle ride.More...
- Driving for a Cure Tournament raises $12,000 for Cancer Institute The Seventh Annual Driving for a Cure Kenneth F. Noel Memorial Golf Tournament was held on Sept. 13, 2014 at Flatbush Golf Course in Littlestown. The latest tournament raised $12,000 for Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute.More...
- Annual Pink Zone at Penn State game set for March 1 The ninth annual Pink Zone at Penn State game will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday, March 1 when the Lady Lions welcome the Wisconsin Badgers to the Bryce Jordan Center on the University Park campus.More...