Welcome to Penn State Hershey Radiology
The Department of Radiology occupies much of the ground floor, main hospital, and has imaging sites at 30 Hope Drive (CT, MRI & Breast Imaging) and 35 Hope Drive (Cherry Drive Outpatient Building for Ultrasound and Xray Imaging) on campus. Other imaging locations include the Penn State Health Groups sites at Fishburn Road, Hershey, Nyes Road, Harrisburg and in Camp Hill, PA. We have over 370 employees including 61 faculty and 30 Radiology residents. An all digital department, we provide immediate image availability at the point of patient care at all locations within the network.
The Department of Radiology provides interdependent clinical care, education and research to support the College of Medicine missions at Penn State.
Our missions include the provision of the highest quality image acquisition and interpretation services and image guided interventional and therapeutic services to patients receiving care at Penn State Hershey Medical Center and to all the people of central Pennsylvania.
Education of medical students, residents and fellows has long been the central focus of the department, occurring during clinical care, in the lecture hall and in the research laboratory.
The advancement of imaging science through basic, translational and clinical research is the third arm of our mission and, is the future of our profession.
Departmental Strategic Goals
- Establish a forum for frequent inter-Divisional communication
- Integrate and incent research efforts at the Division level
- Promote faculty development and mentoring
- Develop and implement educational curricula focused on objective outcomes measures
- Actively participate in development of operational and capital equipment budgets
- Develop entrepreneurial endeavors that leverage divisional strengths and needs
GOAL: Provide an infrastructure to support common mission focused activities across all Radiology Divisions:
- Implement new technology to provide effective data mining of clinical case material to support clinical management, education, clinical research, safety and quality of care
- Support research: training, clinical trials support, grant management and research support staff
- Establish clinical support structure (e.g.: Radiology Assistants)
GOAL: Establish integrated continuous quality improvement program:
- Establish training in the methodology of continuous quality improvement
- Identify and validate quantitative measures for objective assessment of outcomes
- Communicate CQI results and best practices within and between Divisions
- Penn State Hershey undergoing final phase of radiology expansion Ongoing renovations to the radiology area on the ground floor of the hospital at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will make room for additional equipment and give admitted patients awaiting diagnostic procedures a more accessible, private space.More...
- Innovation key to Penn State Hershey’s future, says medical center's CEO Penn State's medical school, university hospital and health system continue to be a magnet for future health professionals, a preferred medical destination for patients across Pennsylvania, and a pioneer in personalized medicine research according to Harold L. Paz, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System CEO and Penn State’s senior vice president for health affairs and dean of Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods' Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase — to go organic or not.More...
- Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...