Welcome to Penn State Hershey
Drugs 101: What parents and kids need to know
Join Penn State Hershey, the Susan P. Byrnes Health Education Center and many other community organizations for this informative program aimed at helping parents identify potential drug use in their children and helping children understand healthy decision-making. This program is free and open to parents and children. Registration is required.
Community Service Missions
- Outreach: Improve the quality of life for those in our local, regional, national, and global communities through service and volunteerism.
- Education: Provide cutting edge information to the community about health and medical issues. We strive to promote safety, healthy habits, general well-being, and preventive medicine in conjunction with our community partners.
- Partnership: Join with members of our local community to make central Pennsylvania a healthier and better place to live.
As teachers, care-givers, and researchers, service defines us. It is more than a commitment we make to our community - it is part of our nature.
Our community service activities take many forms and involve thousands of Penn State Hershey employees, Central Pennsylvania citizens, and partners across the globe. We provide tens of millions of dollars annually in charity work and state-of-the-art compassionate care to individuals without insurance or on Medicaid.
A few of our community efforts and initiatives are listed below – follow the links to learn more about them:
- THON – Penn State Dance Marathon fundraiser for the Four Diamonds Fund
- Lion Care – Student-run free medical clinic in Harrisburg
- LionReach – Mobile training and evaluation center
- Global Health Center
- Kiss Hershey Back – Annual Derry Township clean-up day run by medical students
- Children's Miracle Network – Children's Miracle Network's mission is to generate funds and awareness programs for Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and the children and families it serves.
- Early Preparation and Inspiration for Careers in the Biomedical Sciences (EPIC) – This project is committed to the idea that students at the high school level need to be prepared and inspired to make informed decisions about their futures.
- Surgery Live Program – An innovative program to stimulate the interest of middle school and high school students in careers in the health care field.| Video interviews with surgery team
- Mini-Medical School – For public to learn about the medical field
- Northern Appalachia Cancer Network (video)
- PRO Wellness Center Health Champions Program – Program focused on making "healthy easy"
The Medical Minute: Blood in the urine often an important warning sign
Blood in the urine can be a scary sight, yet it’s a symptom many people ignore until it is bad enough to land them in a hospital emergency department.More...
Penn State Health St. Joseph, Exeter Healthways to relocate and expand services
Penn State Health St. Joseph will relocate the outpatient services it currently offers in Shelbourne Square, Exeter Township, and the physician and outpatient services it offers on Prospect Street in St. Lawrence into the Exeter Ridge Corporate Center at Neversink Road and Perkiomen Avenue by early 2016.More...
Penn State Hershey Maternal Fetal Medicine moves to 35 Hope Drive
Penn State Hershey Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) has joined Penn State Hershey Obstetrics and Gynecology on the second floor of 35 Hope Drive in Hershey.More...
Next attorney office hours at Penn State Hershey scheduled for Sept. 10
Researchers are invited to attend office hours at Penn State Hershey on Thursday, Sept. 10 with Penn State’s intellectual property attorney, Michael Brignati.More...