Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers comprehensive care for adults and children. The physicians diagnose and treat pain, and restore function that has been lost through injury, illness, or other disabling conditions.
Why Choose Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab?
Penn State Hershey offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient rehab services. The focus is on providing high-quality care to people of all ages, with all types of health conditions. Some of the features the department is known for include:
- Complete rehab care: Penn State Hershey offers the most comprehensive rehab services in central Pennsylvania, especially for intensive/acute care and transitional care to home or a nursing facility.
- Accreditations and recognitions: The Joint Commission and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) have both recognized Penn State Hershey's rehab program as a CIIRP for both adult and pediatric care (Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program).
- Highly specialized team: The team includes trained specialists who work together to deliver comprehensive care. It includes board-certified physicians and specialists, as well as nurses and therapists with advanced rehab training.
- Research: Penn State Hershey research studies bring new treatments and therapies to patients and enhance their recovery.
Rehab Programs at Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab
The physicians and other health care professionals who specialize in rehab provide expert care for patients in the following areas:
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a physician or other rehab professional, call or visit the website:
- Call 1-800-243-1455 or 717-531-7010 to speak with an Information and Referral Specialist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visit the Find a Physician service to find contact information for physicians, and call directly.
- The Medical Minute: How breast density can affect cancer screenings When it comes to breast cancer screening, the density of your breasts affects how well a mammogram can detect cancerous tissues. That’s why Pennsylvania is one of 21 states that have adopted laws requiring radiologists to include information about breast density in every woman’s mammogram report.More...
- Medical Center, Carlisle Regional sign emergency medicine agreement Beginning Aug. 1, the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Department of Emergency Medicine will assist in managing the operations of the Emergency Department at Carlisle Regional Medical Center.More...
- LED light fixtures in Penn State Hershey parking garages save energy and money During the late summer and fall of 2014, Penn State Hershey’s Facilities Department performed a lighting retrofit on the Centerview and South parking garages. They replaced more than 1,000 existing 175-watt metal halide fixtures with 55-watt LED light fixtures. The change has resulted in an annual energy savings of 1,553,345 kilowatt hours, which is worth more than $138,000 and is equivalent to the amount used in a year by 147 homes.More...
- 'Pink Ladies' raise $20,000 for Cancer Institute Michele Parson recently delivered a check for $20,000 to the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute. The money was raised during the 10th annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser Dinner/Dance on March 28.More...