Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers comprehensive care for adults and children. The physicians diagnose and treat pain, and restore function that has been lost through injury, illness, or other disabling conditions.
Why Choose Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab?
Penn State Hershey offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient rehab services. The focus is on providing high-quality care to people of all ages, with all types of health conditions. Some of the features the department is known for include:
- Complete rehab care: Penn State Hershey offers the most comprehensive rehab services in central Pennsylvania, especially for intensive/acute care and transitional care to home or a nursing facility.
- Accreditations and recognitions: The Joint Commission and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) have both recognized Penn State Hershey's rehab program as a CIIRP for both adult and pediatric care (Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program).
- Highly specialized team: The team includes trained specialists who work together to deliver comprehensive care. It includes board-certified physicians and specialists, as well as nurses and therapists with advanced rehab training.
- Research: Penn State Hershey research studies bring new treatments and therapies to patients and enhance their recovery.
Rehab Programs at Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab
The physicians and other health care professionals who specialize in rehab provide expert care for patients in the following areas:
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a physician or other rehab professional, call or visit the website:
- Call 1-800-243-1455 or 717-531-7010 to speak with an Information and Referral Specialist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visit the Find a Physician service to find contact information for physicians, and call directly.
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...
- The Medical Minute: Understanding who’s at risk for Zika virus If you hadn’t heard of the Zika virus, chances are that has changed with recent reports of outbreaks of the mosquito-borne illness in Latin America, and possible cases in the United States — maybe even Pennsylvania.More...
- Team from Penn State Hershey travels to Ghana A group of clinical participants from Penn State Hershey — including senior medical students, residents, nurse practitioner students and faculty — are currently in rural Ghana.More...
- Cookie sale results in check presentation for Child Life Program Eli Webb and Noah Schreffler, two first-graders from Middletown, recently came home from school with an idea: they wanted to bake and sell cookies and donate the money raised to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...