News and Events
- ABC Ch 27, WGAL TV-8, Patriot News, Hershey Chronicle, Lebanon Daily News, WHP-580 AM - Emergency Hypothermia Protocol demonstration with interviews. 9 January 2007
- ABC Ch 27 5:00 News - Juvenile Arthritis Foundation Day - patients and family members learning about medical procedures. 3 July 2007
- Discovery Channel's Medicine in the 21st Century, 8 pm. Smart Tools. Producer Kirk Streb. 5 December 2001.
- Central Penn Business Journal, page 1. Doctor develops simulators to train surgeons. Chirstina Olenchek. 5 October 2001.
- Discovery Channel's Medicine in the 21st Century. Emergency Medicine. Producer Kirk Streb. 3 October 2001. 8 pm.
- BBC Television's Tomorrow's World. Virtual Reality 3D Medical Training Devices. Producer Steve Crabtree. 5 June 2001.
- Penn State Medicine, 2001;12:11-15. The Cutting Edge. Tom Landry.
- Urology Times. Simulators key to minimally invasive surgery training. Larkin H. 28 December 2000.
- NBC WGAL TV 8, 5:30 pm news. Healthy Living: Virtual Reality. Dr. Wanda Filer. 28 November 2000.
- NBC WGAL TV 8, 5:30 pm news. Healthy Living: Minimally Invasive Surgery. Dr. Wanda Filer. 21 November 2000.
- IEEE Spectrum, pg 26-31. The Virtual Surgeon. Sorid D and Moore SK. July 2000.
- Inside Technology Training, pg 22-28. Operation Learning. Kim Kiser. May 2000
- Popular Mechanics, pg 50-52. Beating Heart Surgery. Jim Wilson. April 2000.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education, pg 49-52. Teaching Surgery without a Patient: Virtual-reality devices at Penn State and other medical centers let residents hone skills. Katherine S. Magnum. 25 February 2000.
- Computer Graphics World, pg 19-20. Getting the feel of Virtual Surgery. Mahoney DP. October 1999.
- WPSX-TV Channel 3. What's in the News: #2123 Virtual Reality. Katie O'Toole, Curt Parker, Producer: Betsy Hutton. 5 March 1999.
- Science Daily. Finding the learning curve when using a surgical force feedback simulator. 22 January 1999 (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases\1999\01\990122073304.htm)
- Hershey Chronicle, p 5. Robotic patient simulator teaches doctors about drug reactions. 25 November 1998
- Medical Industry Today, Medical Data, Inc. Staff reports: simulator considered valuable by docs, researcher says. Toni Vranjes. 27 October 1998
- Wired News, Wired Digital, Inc. Drug-Testing Dummies. Kirsten Philipkoski. 23 October 1998
- PSU College of Medicine Press Release #98-218. Human patient simulator used to assist physicians with introduction of new drug. Leilyn Perri, Steven Bortner. 19 October 1998
- The Penn Stater, p 25-29. Pseudo-surgery: VR - with virtual reality, not all of Hershey's patients are real. Mubarak S Dahir. May / June 1998
- Metropolitan news, Durban, South Africa Newspaper. Simulator training for anesthetists saves lives. April 1998
- CNN. Learning medicine from a dummy: computer 'patient' may save real lives. Dick Wilson. (on TV and website, http://cnn.com/TECH/9710/16/t_t/patient.simulator/index.html) 16 October 1997
- CNN. Virtual surgery takes the risk out of training. Dick Wilson. (on TV and website, http://cnn.com/TECH/9710/02/t_t/virtual.surgery/index.html) 2 October 1997
- Lebanon Daily News, Lebanon PA, AP-ES-09-01-97 0008EDT. Bronchoscopy: virtual reality meets medicine. Aliah D Wright (Associated Press writer). 1 September 1997
- Associated Press Release APNP-08-31-97 1511EDT. Virtual reality meets medicine. Aliah D Wright. 31 August 1997
- The Scientist, The Newspaper for the Life Sciences Professional. 11(5):1,4-5. Computers add new twists to medical school training. Steven Benowitz. 3 March 1997
- Design News, Technology Bulletin, p 13. Virtual hospital merges teaching, technology. www.designnews.com. 9 September 1996
- Science Camp. Advertised in local newspapers. Reported in local newspapers and Vital Signs. August 1996
- Lebanon Daily News, Lebanon PA, p 9-10 (includes front page header). Virtual reality helping doctors learn new techniques at medical center. Howard Kolus. 10 June 1996
- Hershey Chronicle, p 10. Hospital experience for Hershey high school juniors - PYAP. April 1996
- Penn State Medicine, p 11-15. "The Virtual Hospital": where teaching and technology meet. PSU College of Medicine Public Relations. Steve Bortner and Deborah Steele Saline. March 1996
- APSF Newsletter. Loral simulator users and sites. Drs. Michael Good and Tammy Euliano. 1996
- Science Camp. Advertised in local newspapers. Reported in local newspapers and Vital Signs. August 1995.
- Science Camp. Advertised in local newspapers. Reported in local newspapers and Vital Signs. August 1994.
- Vital Signs. Anesthesia laboratory recognized for interactive computer training. 1994
- Penn State Medicine, p 17-21. Learning to fly: training a budding anesthesiologist is like training an airline pilot. SIB. March 1994
- PSU College of Medicine Press Release #226-93. Anesthesia simulation lab trains residents. Deborah Steele Saline. 9 September 1993