Institutional Web Sites - Other Areas Using Simulation
- Standardized Patient Program
- Pulmonary, Allergy & Critical Care Medicine
- Radiation Oncology (Penn State Cancer Institute)
Simulation Societies & Meetings
Interdisciplinary societies and their meetings, which allow medical simulation users from all specialties to network, demonstrate new technologies, and discuss educational methods. Appropriate for current users as well as those interested in beginning a simulation program. Content is available for all levels of users, including physicians, nurses, prehospital providers, simulation coordinators, operations managers, and others.
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE)
12th Annual Association of Standardized Patient Educators Conference - June 22-25, 2014 - Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Australian Society for Simulation in Healthcare, a Chapter of Simulation Australia
SimHealth 2013 - September 16-20, 2013 - Queensland, Australia, a joint meeting with SimTecT
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL)
International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference - June 18-21, 2014 - Orlando, FL, USA
- Simulation Australia - Australian Society encompassing healthcare and other fields using simulation
Simulation Technology and Training Conference (SimTecT 2013) - September 16-20, 2013 - Queensland, Australia, a joint meeting with SimHealth2013
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) - European Society
Meeting of the Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM 14) - June 12-14, 2014 - Poznan, Poland
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) - International Society based in US
International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH 2014) - Jan 25-29, 2014 - San Francisco, CA, USA
Asia-Pacific Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (APMSH) - October 24-27, 2013 - Shanghai, People's Republic of China
Specialty-specific meetings are geared towards users from a particular discipline using any simulation methodology at any experience level. They are more focused in content for one specialty but have significantly fewer opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration and networking.
User meetings are designed for those using a specific piece of equipment. The content at these meetings is often more in-depth than at a general meeting, but is limited to one manufacturer's products.
- METI users
- Laerdal users
2013 San Antonio SUN - October 1-3, 2013 - San Antonio, TX, USA
local SUN meetings - contact a Laerdal sales rep for more info
- Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC) - an e-learning site sponsored by the National League for Nursing. The site provides nursing faculty with resources for integrating simulation into their curriculum.
- Online Nurse Practitioner Programs - information about educational opportunities for nurses, from Bachelors through Doctorates.