Welcome to Penn State Hershey Spine Center
Penn State Hershey Spine Center physicians understand the challenges you may be facing, such as living with pain or having trouble managing simple daily activities because of wear and tear on your body or having sustained an injury. You can begin to find the relief you are seeking by taking your first steps through the doors of our comprehensive facility at Penn State Hershey Spine Center.
Penn State Hershey Spine Center physicians and healthcare team will provide the thoughtful care you are searching for. Our highly trained physicians will tailor your care to address your specific needs with their state-of-the-art knowledge. At Penn State Hershey Spine Center patients come first. We strive to provide ethical and compassionate care.
To learn more visit our online Health Information Library
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Watch "We've Got Your Back 2013" here:
- Basics of Back Pain
- Vitaly Gordin, M.D., Director of Penn State Hershey Spine Center, provides an overview of the newly opened Spine Center and some basics of back pain management.
- Complicated Surgery and Ongoing Support
- Mark Knaub, M.D., discusses spine surgery examples, including a teenage girl's car accident, complicated surgery and ongoing support at the Penn State Hershey Spine Center.
- Minimally Invasive Spine and Neck Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine and Neck Surgery can correct a problem without a long recovery process.
- Neck Pain, Injury and Treatment; Aquatic Therapy
- Tim Reiter, M.D., discusses neck pain, injury and treatment; plus a look at the new aquatic therapy treatment available at the Penn State Hershey Spine Center.
- We've Got Your Back
- Penn State Hershey Spine Center patients and physicians talk about back and neck treatments, surgery, recovery and therapies.
- Penn State Hershey patients not affected by meningitis outbreak
- Dr. Mark Knaub, orthopedic spinal surgeon, comments on Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts’ quarterback, struggling with a slow recovery after his neck surgery in September, 2011.
New Location Offers Convenience to West Shore Residents
To better serve our patients, Spine Center specialists are now seeing patients on the West Shore.
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...