Department of Surgery Education
Committed to developing future leaders in surgery, the faculty within the Department of Surgery promote a broad spectrum of educational programs that support the development and training of students, residents, and fellows. The goal of our educational mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience incorporating the latest evidence based knowledge and techniques.
- Allied Health Professional Students
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Education Calendar
- Harrell Library Surgery Quick Link
- Post-graduate Programs
- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Simulation Development and Cognitive Science Center
- Student Surgical Society
- Surgery Education Organizational Chart
- Surgery Live
- Visiting Students
- The Medical Minute: The causes and signs of depression in children Parents, teachers and others can find it hard to spot signs of depression and anxiety in children – and struggle with how they can help.More...
- College of Medicine receives $14 million to study exercise program for seniors Penn State College of Medicine was awarded nearly $14 million in funding from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) to study the effectiveness of a program integrating strength training, balance exercises and walking for older adults who have had a fall-related fracture.More...
- Kinesiology degree helps former Navy corpsman transition to medical school Tyler Proper has always had an interest in the medical field. After graduating from high school in 2006, he enrolled in the U.S. Navy as a hospital corpsman, acting as a first responder on the battlefield to Marine Corps infantry. When his military career came to an end, he knew he wanted to continue his studies in the medical field. He will graduate with a bachelor of science degree in kinesiology on Saturday, May 9. On May 18, he will begin the Penn State College of Medicine Physician Assistant Program at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Trauma-scenario provides hands-on training for Penn State Mont Alto students Penn State Mont Alto held its sixth annual trauma-scenario training exercise for forest technology and nursing students on May 1. During the event, students worked with multiple agencies to rescue injured individuals who were in tree harvesting accidents in the forest near the campus.More...