Department of Surgery Education
Committed to developing future leaders in surgery, the faculty within the Department of Surgery promote a broad spectrum of educational programs that support the development and training of students, residents, and fellows. The goal of our educational mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience incorporating the latest evidence based knowledge and techniques.
- Allied Health Professional Students
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Education Calendar
- Harrell Library Surgery Quick Link
- Post-graduate Programs
- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Simulation Development and Cognitive Science Center
- Student Surgical Society
- Surgery Education Organizational Chart
- Surgery Live
- Visiting Students
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- The Medical Minute: Poison ivy affects some people more than others Three-quarters of the population will get an itchy red rash if exposed to the urushiol oil inside poison ivy’s leaves, stem and roots -- but one-quarter of people will not have any reaction to exposure.More...
- St. Joseph Regional Health Network now part of Penn State Health Penn State Health and Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) have completed the transfer of ownership of CHI’s affiliate, St. Joseph Regional Health Network (St. Joseph) in Reading, Pennsylvania, to Penn State Health.More...
- Zhang and Alloway receive collaborative grant to study neural systems Nanyin Zhang, associate professor of biomedical engineering in the Penn State College of Engineering, and Kevin Alloway, professor of neural and behavioral science at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, have received one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine.More...