Department of Surgery Education
Committed to developing future leaders in surgery, the faculty within the Department of Surgery promote a broad spectrum of educational programs that support the development and training of students, residents, and fellows. The goal of our educational mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience incorporating the latest evidence based knowledge and techniques.
- Allied Health Professional Students
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Education Calendar
- Harrell Library Surgery Quick Link
- Post-graduate Programs
- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Simulation Development and Cognitive Science Center
- Student Surgical Society
- Surgery Education Organizational Chart
- Surgery Live
- Visiting Students
- The Medical Minute: Surgical options for colorectal cancer To cure colorectal cancer, surgeons traditionally have needed to create relatively large abdominal incisions in order to remove the cancer. But over the years, technological advancements have made it possible to perform the same curative cancer surgeries laparoscopically.More...
- Colorectal cancer and ulcerative colitis the focus of upcoming call-in show On Thursday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. on WHTM-TV abc27, specialists from Penn State Hershey Colon and Rectal Surgery will discuss the latest surgical options for diseases including colorectal cancer and ulcerative colitis.More...
- Sekhar receives grant to study iron deficiency screening Dr. Deepa Sekhar, assistant professor of pediatrics at Penn State College of Medicine, has received one of three Sackler Institute for Nutrition Sciences Research Awards. Sekhar will receive $50,000 for her project, “Improving detection of iron deficiency among United States adolescent females.”More...
- Nursing students at Hershey wear jeans to support Rare Disease Day Students in Kerri Nelson's Nursing 350 class at Penn State Hershey wore jeans to spread awareness of Rare Disease Day on Feb. 28.More...