Department of Surgery Education
Committed to developing future leaders in surgery, the faculty within the Department of Surgery promote a broad spectrum of educational programs that support the development and training of students, residents, and fellows. The goal of our educational mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience incorporating the latest evidence based knowledge and techniques.
- Allied Health Professional Students
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Education Calendar
- Harrell Library Surgery Quick Link
- Post-graduate Programs
- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Simulation Development and Cognitive Science Center
- Student Surgical Society
- Surgery Education Organizational Chart
- Surgery Live
- Visiting Students
- Penn State Hershey appoints new chief financial officer Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has selected Stephen Massini to serve as the medical center’s new chief financial officer, effective April 20.More...
- The Medical Minute: Endometriosis is real -- and it’s treatable Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose, with women often being told for years that they are experiencing their "normal period," and according to the Endometriosis Foundation of America, it affects one in 10 women. Penn State Hershey gynecological surgeon Gerald Harkins is working to get the word out that women with endometriosis do not have to suffer.More...
- Penn State Hershey patient to serve as 2015-16 CMN Hospitals Champion Nine-year-old Caden Capitani of Hershey, a patient at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, has been named the 2015-16 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for Pennsylvania.More...
- OSLER at Penn State Hershey accepting scholarship applications The Office for Scholarship in Learning and Education Research (OSLER) at Penn State College of Medicine invites faculty members to apply for the second annual Scholarship in Education Award.More...