Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss
The comprehensive surgical weight loss program at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center was started in 1979. The program continues to offer comprehensive weight management services including: nutritional counseling, medical evaluation, psychiatric evaluation, and weight loss surgery (sometimes called stomach stapling or bariatric surgery) for patients with clinically severe obesity. More...
Have you ever considered surgical weight loss?
The first step is to attend a Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss Program Information Seminar.
Even if you are not sure if surgery is right for you, this is a great way to learn more about the surgical weight loss tools offered at Penn State Hershey. Please call 717-531-7260 to register or if you have any questions.
"The Weight is Over" is just one of the video features on the Surgical Weight Loss video playlist below. Interviews with patients and team members provide more insight into what you can expect from your Penn State Hershey experience.
Would you or a friend like to get started on a journey to a healthier weight? The first step is to attend a Surgical Weight Loss Program Information Seminar. Seminars are held on the first Friday of the month at 1:30 p.m. and the third Thursday of the month at 4:00 p.m. Even if you are not sure if surgery is right for you, this is a great way to learn more about the surgical weight loss tools offered at Penn State Hershey. Registration is recommended and can be done by calling 717-531-7260. The seminars are held at the Penn State Surgical Weight Loss Clinic, 4000 Vine Street in Middletown.
New Dimensions Support Group
As a benefit to patients in our program and service to the community, the Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss program hosts a monthly support group. The group generally meets on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Surgical Weight Loss Program Clinic, 4000 Vine Street in Middletown. All pre-op and post-op patients, friends, and family are welcome! Please call 877-609-6848 to register and receive the support group's upcoming schedule.
- Or you can view our new online surgical weight loss information session at any time!
Calling all post op patients: share your story in the newsletter!
Have a story you would like to share about your weight loss journey? We'd love to spotlight you in future issues. Send your short stories (between 40-400 words please) of success, motivation, struggle, or humor to email@example.com.
Introducing New Pediatric and Adult Weight Management Classes
Are you or a family member or friend looking to slim down? Or maybe you could use a refresher on healthy eating and exercising to get you back on track? Our dieticians offer individualized counseling for children and adults. For more information, call 877-609-6848.
Do you have PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is caused by hormone imbalances and may make weight loss more difficult—but that is no reason to give up on your journey. Visit http://www.powerupforpcos.com/ to find out more about a local support group in Hershey.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is proud of its Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence status with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. In order to maintain this accreditation, we need your help by having you answer our patient follow-up survey.
- The Medical Minute: Enterovirus D68 expected to fade away into winter Late every summer and into every fall, enteroviruses bring a host of unpleasant ailments. This year, Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) has been making headlines for its potentially severe symptoms in children, causing some alarm among parents.More...
- Mets earns top educator honors with SEA/Duke Award Dr. Berend Mets, Eric A. Walker Professor and chairman of anesthesiology at Penn State Hershey, has earned top educator honors by receiving the Society for Education in Anesthesia SEA/Duke Award.More...
- Drop Your Drawers celebrates life-changing weight loss Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss held its annual Fall Social and Drop Your Drawers event Oct. 16. Patients and guests enjoyed an evening celebrating the life-changing outcomes that surgical weight loss procedures can help to facilitate.More...
- Lecture to focus on understanding safety, quality at the unit level Jan Jacobs, safety consultant with Ascension, will present “Safety and Quality at the Unit Level” at noon Friday, Oct. 24, in Lecture Room D on the Penn State Hershey campus. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to attend this lecture being held in conjunction with Healthcare Quality Week (Oct. 19 to 25).More...