Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss
The comprehensive surgical weight loss program at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center was started in 1979. The program continues to offer comprehensive weight management services including: nutritional counseling, medical evaluation, psychiatric evaluation, and weight loss surgery (sometimes called stomach stapling or bariatric surgery) for patients with clinically severe obesity. More...
Have you ever considered surgical weight loss?
The first step is to attend a Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss Program Information Seminar.
Even if you are not sure if surgery is right for you, this is a great way to learn more about the surgical weight loss tools offered at Penn State Hershey. Please call 717-531-7260 to register or if you have any questions.
"The Weight is Over" is just one of the video features on the Surgical Weight Loss video playlist below. Interviews with patients and team members provide more insight into what you can expect from your Penn State Hershey experience.
Would you or a friend like to get started on a journey to a healthier weight? The first step is to attend a Surgical Weight Loss Program Information Seminar. Seminars are held on the first Friday of the month at 1:30 p.m. and the third Thursday of the month at 4:00 p.m. Even if you are not sure if surgery is right for you, this is a great way to learn more about the surgical weight loss tools offered at Penn State Hershey. Registration is recommended and can be done by calling 717-531-7260. The seminars are held at the Penn State Surgical Weight Loss Clinic, 4000 Vine Street in Middletown.
New Dimensions Support Group
As a benefit to patients in our program and service to the community, the Penn State Hershey Surgical Weight Loss program hosts a monthly support group. The group generally meets on the third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Surgical Weight Loss Program Clinic, 4000 Vine Street in Middletown. All pre-op and post-op patients, friends, and family are welcome! Please call 877-609-6848 to register and receive the support group's upcoming schedule.
- Or you can view our new online surgical weight loss information session at any time!
Calling all post op patients: share your story in the newsletter!
Have a story you would like to share about your weight loss journey? We'd love to spotlight you in future issues. Send your short stories (between 40-400 words please) of success, motivation, struggle, or humor to email@example.com.
Introducing New Pediatric and Adult Weight Management Classes
Are you or a family member or friend looking to slim down? Or maybe you could use a refresher on healthy eating and exercising to get you back on track? Our dieticians offer individualized counseling for children and adults. For more information, call 877-609-6848.
Do you have PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is caused by hormone imbalances and may make weight loss more difficult—but that is no reason to give up on your journey. Visit http://www.powerupforpcos.com/ to find out more about a local support group in Hershey.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is proud of its Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence status with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. In order to maintain this accreditation, we need your help by having you answer our patient follow-up survey.
- New clinic addresses medical and mental health needs of maltreated children A new clinic in Harrisburg will serve as the medical home for children in out-of-home care, providing primary care as well as evidence-based mental and behavioral health services. A dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony was held this morning to celebrate the opening of the James M. and Margaret V. Stine Foundation TLC Clinic, a service of the Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children.More...
- The symbol of our best: The Nittany Lion bonds all Penn Staters For the few students across Penn State's campuses who have had the privilege of donning the suit, being the Nittany Lion mascot means far more than leading cheers — it means leading a family.More...
- 2014 Eye School seminar set for Nov. 8 at Penn State Hershey The Penn State Hershey Eye Center presents Eye School 2014, a free community education event that introduces people of all ages to anatomy, diseases and surgery of the eye. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 8, at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- Program allows students to shadow and interact with health care professionals The new school year brings changes to the Pennsylvania Youth Apprenticeship Program (PYAP), a partnership of Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, Lower Dauphin School District and Derry Township School District.More...