University Fitness Center - Youth Certification Program
UFC members receive the best possible fitness training, via the sound and proven principles of exercise physiology, but did you know that your children can enjoy these same benefits as well?
Specifically designed for our youth members between the ages of 12 and 18, our Youth Certification Program's foundation lies in education. The Youth Certification Program educates our youngest members about the importance of exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle. All individuals under the age of 18 must complete the UFC Youth Certification Program to be eligible for membership.
- The UFC Youth Certification Program consists of three to four supervised training sessions
- Training sessions must be completed within a two-month period
- To ensure safety, we allow current Youth Certification Program participants to only use the equipment they have already learned in their prior Youth Certification Program sessions
- Youth members between the ages of 12 and 14 must be accompanied by a parent who is also a UFC member
- The youth member's parent must attend the first session of the Youth Certification Program
UFC Youth Certification Program Content:
- Session 1: Introduction to UFC (UFC Tour, Rules and Regulations, etc.) -Cardiovascular Training
- Session 2: Cardiovascular Training II -Review Cardiovascular Training Principles
- Session 3: Cybex Resistance Training
- Session 4: (If needed) -Cybex Resistance Training II, Review Cybex Resistance Training Principles,Free Weight Instruction (not available for members under age 14)