Teen Program Volunteer Application
Our summer Teen Volunteer Program is currently full and we will no longer be accepting any further applications.
Please note that when you submit your application, a Health Screening form will appear for you to print out. Please do not fill out duplicate applications for any reason. Call our office if you need to make any changes. The Teen Volunteer application will close down when we reach 110 teens.
Orientation for 2016 will be held Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:00pm in the Hospital Auditorium.
- Free TB testing through the HMC Employee Health Department will be available on April 25 from 5:00 - 6:00 pm (before orientation). You may also choose to have TB testing by your family physician at your expense.
- Our program consists of an eight-week commitment during the summer only.
- Each teen will be scheduled for one four-hour shift per week on a weekday (Monday - Friday only).
- Our program does not include volunteering during the school year.
- Teens must be 14 years old or older before the program starts in June to participate in our program.
- An interview for acceptance and placement will be scheduled after orientation. A parent or legal guardian must be present to sign documentation of understanding and consent.
- If you are a RETURNING TEEN you do not have to attend orientation, but TB testing is mandatory.
- Please contact the Volunteer Office at 717-531-8278 or 717-531-6310 between February 29 and March 25 to let us know you are returning. When you call, we need to know what day/time you prefer and what service.
- DO NOT SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION. Thank you!